Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I would like to tell you of my experience of ordering my Q5 S line 2.0 ltr T.D.I. Ibis white ,black leather seats,with many extra's.
I ordered my car on the 1st March 2010. confirmed by the dealer and finally received it on the 22nd Sept 2010,yes like everybody else its a very long waiting time.
Anyway back to my dealer experience, I live on the Isle Of Man and there are no dealerships here for Audi so I used a local Agent (Vehicle Sourcing Centre) who has a franchise with Audi Lakeland in England to submit my order to which he did,the car was ordered in my name and I received a very nice thankyou letter from Audi Lakeland to say they had ordered it on the above named date.

Now that was the first and last time I actually heard anything from the dealership,yes one letter

my agent did receive a fax confirming the details of the extra's and yes that was his lot too.
Between myself and the agent we then spent our time and money keeping in contact with the dealership as to its progress,we did not get informed that the year date my11 would affect my build vehicle,so as a consequence my S-line arrived with standard suspension, as no option to quote for sports suspension was relayed to me or my agent,and as of today driving my new car(fabulous) the dealer is still stating that it has sports suspension.
This is not the case as verified by the codes stamped into the owners manual.

So to sum up, Beautiful car, disgusting dealership.

Before I close, I would like to say a massive big THANKYOU,, to this forum,who without your knowledge ,fortitude,brothers and sisters in Q5 attitude,good humour and stamina have helped me through a long and silent wait for my car.

Drive Smiling.
Red Dragon.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I think most people have had some issues with communication at the Dealers. Mine has improved considerably after a chat with Audi UK.

Funnily enough at some point in the near future when I move oop north I'll be using Lakeland Audi for my servicing etc. So fingers crossed the Techs are better than the sales team.

For me this Forum highlighted the change in the suspension options with the MY11 updates. Which really helped in making sure my order was correct.

Because when I asked the Dealer and a couple of other ones to be sure. None of the sales teams at any dealership I asked had a clue that the suspension was changing until I educated them

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
RD

Great feedback - lets hope the dealership management see this and reflect on what they could have done to improve

Kaine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts