Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for everyone's information:

Maybe this should be obvious - but I just sold my 2.0 diesel manual for nearly 2k more than I paid for it brand new!!! I did 7000 miles in 6 months car was still perfect condition, and I put it on autotrader and had a group buyer for some audi main dealers ring within an hour - 24 hours after that the money was in my account and I made profit on a car for the first time ever. I am sure you are all happy with your cars, the Q5 is a good machine, but if anyone is thinking of selling, do it now while the waiting list is still there!

Happy motoring - as a consequence I also now have a boot liner, new front seat dirt covers, an ipod lead, a set of roof bars and an excellent chip express tuning chip available and that I will shortly be putting on ebay - keep an eye open if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm confused. I recall your posting back in July enquiring about valuing it and then another advertising it for sale and then stating it as sold (now deleted).

Did you sell it in July (3 months old with still current plate) or 'just' (6 months old with previous plate) - makes quite a difference?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, I was considering selling it, but didn't - I have just sold it this week, so it was 7 months old with 7000 miles

·
Registered
240 Posts
The roof bars should have gone with the car as they come with the car when you buy it new. I don't think you're going to get much for them anyhow as everyone has them already and they are specific to the Q5. However you are going to make the next owner of the vehicle feel cheated as you've disposed of the car incomplete. This would be akin to selling the car but holding on to the windscreen wipers - just in case!

·
Registered
143 Posts

Maybe this should be obvious - but I just sold my 2.0 diesel manual for nearly 2k more than I paid for it brand new!!! I did 7000 miles in 6 months car was still perfect condition, and I put it on autotrader and had a group buyer for some audi main dealers ring within an hour - 24 hours after that the money was in my account and I made profit on a car for the first time ever. I am sure you are all happy with your cars, the Q5 is a good machine, but if anyone is thinking of selling, do it now while the waiting list is still there!

Happy motoring - as a consequence I also now have a boot liner, new front seat dirt covers, an ipod lead, a set of roof bars and an excellent chip express tuning chip available and that I will shortly be putting on ebay - keep an eye open if anyone is interested.
Who was the Main Dealer?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Crusty...thanks for the benefit of your strong and admirable moral compass, but I had two sets of roof bars...I had bought a set cheap on ebay before I realised they came with the car as standard whilst I was bored and enduring the long wait from point of order

It was a central group buyer who works across a number of dealers (7 I think) in the south.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Do you mind saying how much of a profit you made on it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Was it a 140 or a 170?. What did you think to the chip and how much do you want for it.

What are you going for nex out of interest.
Regards Neil.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi

It was a 170 - I'll pm you about the bits. I have bought a 5 series 530D Gran Turismo - much more luxurious, but going to be rubbish in the snow. Wave to me as you go sailing past while I fishtail at the bottom of the slightest slope

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I should also say that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my Q5, it was a lovely vehicle. I am just flighty and like to change my cars often, which usually costs me a fortune, so it made a nice change to make close to a couple of k...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts