Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered Q5 for my wife despite being told it probably would not be delivered until March or April next year. They informed me that this was because only one factory builds the Q5 and some of the production line is being used to make the forthcoming Porsche Macan. Not sure how true this is?

After test driving an SQ5, I was very tempted to order this. But it would probably mean I would have to sell my A5 3.0 Tdi. Because the Q5 is for my wife mainly, I decided to order the 2.0 tdi.

The spec I have ordered is:

Audi Q5 S-line Plus S-Tronic 2.0 tdi (177)

Ice silver
5-twin-spoke off-road design wheels

With added options:
Folding mirrors
Heated front seats
Interior light pack
Tyre pressure loss indicator.

I wanted phantom black, but my wife wanted a change as her last two cars were black.

Any other options you think I should consider?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Welcome!

LOL, just yesterday we were chatting on here about how the wife always gets to choose the colour!

Nice spec, only addition would be Hill Hold Assist. It's only £65 and a very handy gadget!

Enjoy the wait! It'll be worth it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
877 Posts
Just ordered Q5 for my wife despite being told it probably would not be delivered until March or April next year. They informed me that this was because only one factory builds the Q5 and some of the production line is being used to make the forthcoming Porsche Macan. Not sure how true this is?
Maybe this is why delivery dates are now so long?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome!

LOL, just yesterday we were chatting on here about how the wife always gets to choose the colour!

Nice spec, only addition would be Hill Hold Assist. It's only £65 and a very handy gadget!

Enjoy the wait! It'll be worth it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks

I wasn't sure if I needed HHA with an auto.
I don't have it on my A5 and that is S-Tronic. It seems to hold fine on hills.

Although I probably would have it on a manual gearbox.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you are thinking about towing in the future get the towbar just now. £650 is a third of the Audi aftermarket price!

N

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could somebody please clarify if I would have voice control with the standard Bluetooth and this spec of Q5?

I have the mob telephone prep low on my A5 and have never bothered buying a cradle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Chris
I have a 13 plate Sline plus with no cradle and the voice control is a button on the steering wheel and controls the full MMI from navigation, media and telephone.
Hope this helps.
N

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris
I have a 13 plate Sline plus with no cradle and the voice control is a button on the steering wheel and controls the full MMI from navigation, media and telephone.
Hope this helps.
N
Just what I needed to know

Many thanks

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Thanks

I wasn't sure if I needed HHA with an auto.
I don't have it on my A5 and that is S-Tronic. It seems to hold fine on hills.

Although I probably would have it on a manual gearbox.
You would think, but its useful to arrest creep when you don't want it.
Hill Hold is a silly name for it, it's a generally useful 'hold'.
One of those things that if you didn't have it you wouldn't particularly miss it, but once you've had it does make a difference. I have it enabled all the time (as do most people with it fitted I believe). At £65 you may as well.

·
Banned
289 Posts
Having road tested an Sline plus with black upholstery, black roof lining, privacy glass and black everything......... I think the panoramic roof is a 'must have' option. Unless you want to drive around in a coal bunker.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Having road tested an Sline plus with black upholstery, black roof lining, privacy glass and black everything......... I think the panoramic roof is a 'must have' option. Unless you want to drive around in a coal bunker.
Very interesting to know as I have not ordered the pan roof
so may have to think about this but seriously dont want to be adding time to the already long build times.

May just leave it...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm in the same boat, black everything but I've not gone for the panoramic roof. The one I tested didn't have it and I didn't think it was too dark but of course if price was no object then I would have specced it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the black interior and to be honest I really like it. I am not too keen on the sun shining down through. I suppose its a preference thing.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I also have black, black on black interior - I like it - certainly doesn't feel to drab or anything, it's of course a personal preference hence the options on offer.
My salesman actually recommended to keep it all dark inside to add to the 'sporty feel' (I know SQ5 = sporty is controversial!).

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have the black interior and to be honest I really like it. I am not too keen on the sun shining down through. I suppose its a preference thing.
Agreed, I can't say it ever feels dark or gloomy inside to me

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi,
I would fully recommend having a look at the pano roof. It is amazing, it lets loads of light in, but you have a full electric sun blind for when it does get too bright.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yup, I have a Lava Grey with all black interior, love it! Will be putting clear ceramic tint on the sunroof and windshield though to block out the heat

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just received an e-mail from Listers Coventry giving me a build week 02 2014.
I know this is only provisional and could change until closer to the date.
Here's hoping that its not too much later.
I also added the hill hold assist as well.

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Hi Chrish, Good news. Think positive my build week was brought forward. You might want to double check the options list whilst you still have opportunity to revise your spec.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts