Heated Front Seats
Rear Bench Seat Plus
Power Folding Mirrors
Tech Pack Advanced
Mobile Phone Prep High with Connect
B&O Sound System
20" Off Road Design Alloys

Hopefully March 14 delivery.

Didn't order the hill hold assist (dealer said it was not needed), but after reading posts on here I am now thinking about adding it to the list.

All suggestions welcome on the hill hold and anything else.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Welcome!!

I won't type all the reasons again as you have read the various posts already, but I say just do it with hill hold. It's £65!
I use it everyday and would really miss it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yes welcome and agree with Jose, i only specced it due to it cost £65 but use everyday and would have paid more knowing how good it is !

All the best

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys for the welcome and confirming again about the hill hold, the dealer did say he found it jerked the car at low speed.

I will contact him today and add it to the order.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Thanks Guys for the welcome and confirming again about the hill hold, the dealer did say he found it jerked the car at low speed.

I will contact him today and add it to the order.
You can turn it on and off so worst case is you hate it and leave it off...

The only jerking I have found it does is the following scenario - and now I know it does it I can reproduce easily, and so equally avoid it!
If you come to ALMOST a complete stop, and I mean doing 0.1 MPH the ABS sensors think you have stopped, enable hill hold (green 'P" on dash) and you take you foot off the brake, the car then rolls 1-2 inches before the ABS sensors realise the wheels are still turning, the hill hold then has an 'oh shit' moment and applies more brake pressure quite violently - as such you come to an abrupt halt from 0.1 MPH. The 1-2 inches rolling are usually accompanied by what my Mrs calls a 'graunching' sound, as the brakes slip (its a common sound on older autos when you would creep on the brakes - its very hard to reproduce the sound manually as the pressure window at which is it possible at is so small on the Q5).
Anyway - to void this make sure you come to a complete stop before you take your foot off the brake to let hill hold take over, I usually give the brake a gentle little stab as I lift off to make sure as hill hold only maintains your last braking pressure (unless it detects subsequent roll as above). The art - if you need to, for example if you are about to pull out of a T junction - is to not let Start/Stop kick in (as this requires a bit more brake pedal pressure) but apply enough brake to hold the car still.

I've made it sound very complicated, but I do it without even thinking now, its just how you drive the car!

Hope you enjoy it when it arrives! Just the joyful waiting game now!

Reactions: Hectorshouse

·
Still Game
4,610 Posts
When I first got my Q5, I applied the electronic brake as I came to a stop as I did with previous car with manual hand brake. Boy did I learn to avoid doing that !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just been to see the salesman (very helpful guy) and added the hill hold assist to the order.

·
Banned
289 Posts
Welcome. I'm in the same boat - waiting for a new Daytona Q5 to be delivered in March...

The only gap I noticed in your spec is the tyre pressure loss indicator. Another relatively low-cost item (£75), which seems worthwhile.

·
Registered
768 Posts
And welcome from me ..... I'm glad you asked the question about the HHA as Jose's answer provided great guidance on it for when I collect my Daytona Grey Q5 on Thursday. Honestly, time will just fly by.

Reactions: José

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And welcome from me ..... I'm glad you asked the question about the HHA as Jose's answer provided great guidance on it for when I collect my Daytona Grey Q5 on Thursday. Honestly, time will just fly by.
Thanks Hectorshouse.

Try to keep your exitement in control, the answer from Jose made my mind up as well.

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hi,

New to the forum and first posting.

Just placed an order for:

Q5 2.0 TDI S Line Plus Stronic
Daytona Grey
Fine Nappa Leather
Panoramic Roof
Black Roof Rails
Interior Light Pack
3 Spoke Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
Electric Seats with Memory
Heated Front Seats
Rear Bench Seat Plus
Power Folding Mirrors
Tech Pack Advanced
Mobile Phone Prep High with Connect
B&O Sound System
20" Off Road Design Alloys

Hopefully March 14 delivery.

Didn't order the hill hold assist (dealer said it was not needed), but after reading posts on here I am now thinking about adding it to the list.

All suggestions welcome on the hill hold and anything else.
Nice spec, but HHA definitely a "must have" so you have done the right thing adding it.

Interesting you have been quoted March 14 delivery as some posts were suggesting deliveries were slipping out beyond that. Anybody else ordered recently and been given a date?

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi everybody ive had my Q5 since Monday loving it I see a lot of you have ordered Daytona grey so here's a pic of mine in Daytona grey . 2.0tfsi 225 bhp
sline plus
titanium wheels
power fold mirrors
storage package
leather pack plus
flat bottom steering wheel
heated front seats
interior light package
running boards
sline sports suspention
hill hold assist and I got SQ5 mirrors as ive just sold a 59 plate S4avant and really like the contrast .simon[sharedmedia=core:attachments:1682]

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just visited the dealer today, been given build week 2 (14) deliver February.

Just in time to pick up for March.

Now to get the detailers booked.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update:

Q5 is at the docks in Grimsby, also been told my salesman has left so went to see the new guy.

I was asked to consider a discount on the car if I took delivery before 1st March, no figure mention and I said I would wait.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts