Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great news today my SQ5 landed at 11am, Audi pdi it full protection valet and turned it round, i collected at 4pm, what a car i do love the colour, struggling to upload pictures on to photo bucket

will try again

DSCF2999.JPG

Attachments

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Congrats, looking good!

Look forward to your first impressions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: auditeager

·
Registered
325 Posts
Niiiice

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a stunning piece of kit, I love it
, so glad i picked the 21" wheels they do look good and after a 40 mile a-b road drive this evening i was quite impressed with the feel, The Pan roof also did me proud with the sun out this evening.

I will try and post more pics tomorrow now ive open a photo Bucket account - Cheers John -

Cant stop smiling just got back through the door, needs a clean tomorrow now seem to have collected some country flies on my travels !!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi merlinv8 - I notice you list upgraded boot carpet in your SQ5 spec - what's that then?
Car looks great can't wait for mine

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Bry, its a reversible doubled up carpet what lies in boot floor slightly smaller than boot floor, when loading into rear you can unfold part of it to cover over bumper to protect it while loading quite a good idea, also when rear seats are folded down it opens up in to a full size to cover from the rear on front seats right to rear of boot plus bumper protection.

Hope all that makes sense, i purchased it with my first Q5 in 2009, kept it for the second one now using in the SQ5 Its great and we do get the use out of it.

Cheers all the best Merlin

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Fantastic news Merlin, I'm glad it's come at last. Also pleased you have mastered Photobucket too!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Merlin, love it, looks brilliant. Hope you've got a weekend of fun planned...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes thanks Jose that is the same as my boot carpet, i also bought the Rubber boot liner around 60 pounds, go for dirty days at beach etc, funny you should mention reg plates yours did interest me as SUX in our local old school Shropshire registration

What plate have you got to go on ??

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Yes thanks Jose that is the same as my boot carpet, i also bought the Rubber boot liner around 60 pounds, go for dirty days at beach etc, funny you should mention reg plates yours did interest me as SUX in our local old school Shropshire registration

What plate have you got to go on ??
JO53 LZE

My name and the Mrs is called Lizzie. I like that it's not obviously a private plate unless you know us.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice Reg Jose, Sorry but more pics, im enjoying taking them today!!, -- Beats arguing weather the SQ5 is an S car or Not !!!!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Yea - don't think I'm going to put anymore input into the S car thing! i love the car and that's all that matters!

Damn flies! I have got in the habit of removing them every time I get out the car now (keep a special cloth in the boot). Shows up a lot worse on the white of course!

Also - I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on high beam assist - mine aren't sensitive enough and you dazzle people all the time. My BMW was awesome and I really missed it, hence spec'ing it, but its annoying as **** on the SQ5 as you have to intervene. I also find it gets turned off at too higher speed (I think it turns them off at 30mph and back on at 40mph), again, the BMW was more like 20/30mph respectively - makes driving tight country lanes a pain at night.

I am looking into vagcom coding to resolve this but be interested to hear your thoughts on the standard settings...

Oh - and are you keeping the TDI on the back?

Reactions: S_line682

·
Registered
325 Posts
High beam assist was rubbish on the TT also... Became more of hindrance than a help!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
High beam assist was rubbish on the TT also... Became more of hindrance than a help!
Hi Jose, & Jamie i had High beam assist on the last Q5 and i thought it was great, i think there are options in MMI to adjust the sensitivty of how quick they go off, i have not tried in SQ5 yet as only got it yesterday, i called up at Audi this morning to see Valet guys and they kindly removed Unwanted TDI badge from rear as you can see in pics above, straight in the bin that went !! LOL, will be out in dark tonight so will be back in touch tomorrow on the High beam assist topic

By for now

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yep. Dealer instructed to remove tdi badge also

1 - 20 of 61 Posts