Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Order placed today, 7months and counting, at least I have this forum to help pass the time

SQ5 - Lava Grey
Carbon Atlas
Tech Pack
Advanced park
Elec Tailgate
Leather pack plus
Hill hold
Pano roof
Folding mirrors
Phone prep high
B&O
Audi drive select
Privacy glass

·
Registered
700 Posts
Welcome Neil, Nice spec you have there, 7 Months !! crazy really but the time will fly by, how much did you pay for that Spec ??

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Nice spec, what interior did you choose?

·
Banned
289 Posts
The waiting time is the only thing stopping me ordering one, 7 months is just crazy...
I think, if you are prepared to compromise a little on specification, you can easily get one more quickly...

·
Banned
489 Posts
I think, if you are prepared to compromise a little on specification, you can easily get one more quickly...
True, but why compromise and miss out on your key requirements when you're planning to spend £35-40K...

·
Banned
289 Posts
True, but why compromise and miss out on your key requirements when you're planning to spend £35-40K...
I would not... But others will. I was talking to a Q5-owning colleague last night. The conversation went something like this:

Me: So, what extras/spec do you have on your Q5 and what would you recommend as "must have"?

Him: I think mine's an Sline Plus. Don't know if it has any extra spec. We had a choice of two (black or blue) and we chose the blue. It was all a bit last minute...

Me: Oh......

Reactions: rifleman

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I would not... But others will. I was talking to a Q5-owning colleague last night. The conversation went something like this:

Me: So, what extras/spec do you have on your Q5 and what would you recommend as "must have"?

Him: I think mine's an Sline Plus. Don't know if it has any extra spec. We had a choice of two (black or blue) and we chose the blue. It was all a bit last minute...

Me: Oh......
Hahaha - not a petrol head then! My Mrs bought her Mini like that, 'oh - a sliver one' she said!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
7mnths wait list maybe not ideal for most but actually suits me personally. I also take a little comfort from the fact that it will shore up residuals

·
Registered
794 Posts
Lava Grey seems popular these days, good choice.

I think Hill Hold should be standard on a Quattro / SUV as most people seem to add it - but I guess Audi prefer collect £65 from everyone who expects it instead.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Lava Grey seems popular these days, good choice.

I think Hill Hold should be standard on a Quattro / SUV as most people seem to add it - but I guess Audi prefer collect £65 from everyone who expects it instead.
You say that - but if they added £65 to the base price would anyone not buy because of it?
And then production costs would be less as they will be making the button in more quantities and it is one less variation on the production line.

I really don't understand the logic of bothering to charge for it at such a low price compared to the 1000's the car costs (it is only a button and enabling it in the software - not extra hardware on the brakes etc).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,
Just registered on the forum and very much looking forward to joining in. I've been reading many of the various forum items which I'm finding interesting and helpful.

I currently have an A5 3.0 TDI Sport which I love and will miss a lot, but I fancied a change so ordered a new Q5 mid July. It's an S line Plus 3.0 TDI. in Daytona Grey.

Extras-

Two tone electric seats
Adaptive Cruise Control
Adaptive Headlights
Advanced Key
AE Pack
Drive Select
Hill Hold
Adv Parking
Side Assist
B&O Sound
Climate Cup Holder
Folding Mirrors
Heated Seats x4
High Beam Assist
Inlays - Piano
Interior Light Pack
Phone prep High
Panoramic Sun roof
Rear bench seat plus
Rear side airbags
Storage Pack
Tyre Pressure Indicator
Storage Tray

I've not been given any idea at all when it might arrive - maybe sometime Jan-March 2014! Oh well, will give me time to save up. I test drove the SQ5 which I enjoyed but thought extra performance and running costs might prove a bit of an issue.
I'll add an item when it arrives next year!

·
Registered
101 Posts
You say that - but if they added £65 to the base price would anyone not buy because of it?
And then production costs would be less as they will be making the button in more quantities and it is one less variation on the production line.

I really don't understand the logic of bothering to charge for it at such a low price compared to the 1000's the car costs (it is only a button and enabling it in the software - not extra hardware on the brakes etc).
I think the reasoning behind this is because it's market dependent. In Sweden this is a standard option and we don't have to pay for it. In the US it's not an option with HHA at all due to some regulations.. Don't know about the UK, but somehow they decided to have it as an option. In Sweden Leather/Alcantara is standard, and in UK it's nappa leather. the story continues on other options, but regarding the HHA, it's the same logic on all Audis (or many at least)...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts