Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I picked up my Q5 a few days ago. After viewing 5 different cars I decided on a Phantom Black 2012 Facelift 2.0TFSI S-Line Plus Auto.

It's a one company owner with full Audi Service History, and although the mileage is high the car is immaculate inside and out, it looks and drives more like a 20k mile car! Even the passenger and rear seats looks like they've never been sat in.

The car has the newer 8 Speed Tiptronic auto box which is supposedly more robust that the S-Tronic in the pre-facelift and the engine code isn't in the affected 'oil consumption issue' range.

Here are some pics (it was lovely and clean until I took it for a spin in the snow earlier):

I have spent today installing the 2017 Nav Maps and updating the software (as no Nav media came with the car). I've now got the 2017 maps activated and running from an SD card.

I also bought a AMI Bluetooth adapter so I could stream my iPhone podcasts to the car but although it says compatible with Audi Q5 when I plugged it in it says 'This type of cable isn't supported'... I'll look into that more tomorrow.

I would like DAB too so I'm eyeing up one of those Fistune DAB+ retrofit modules: https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/fistune-dab-solution/fistune-dab-dab-integration-audi-mmi-3g-mmi-3g

I was wondering if the Nav screen can play DVDs, my old 3 series played DVD straight from the box but when I put a DVD in the Q5 it says Unreadable. Anyone know if this is possible? The MMI is the Basic I think.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Congrats on your Black Beauty. Love your wheels. I wanted those on my new 2015, but could not get them.

Reactions: CountJunkula

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nice clean looking car, if you don't mind sharing what is the milage?

Top of the line Tech Pack with MMI 3G had a DVD drive which played DVDs on my 2010 A5, I think the lower end MMI only had a CDROM drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's definitely a DVD drive but I think it's probably for Nav DVD only, never mind. I might get some rear headrest screens for the kids though, anyone done this?

Mileage is at 125k, has been looked after with no expense spared though. There's 2.0 TFSI Audis on eBay right now with 180,000 and still "going strong".

The 2009 BMW 3 series I just chopped in for the Q5 was at 154k and although it drove great it was showing it's age and mileage. It was also throwing up DPF warnings because apparently I wasn't driving long enough distances for the DPF regen to activate. That's another reason I went for the petrol over a diesel Q5.

I looked at a number of cars and none were anywhere near as good condition as this one! Earlier this week I looked at a same year car (2012 facelift) with just over 55k on the clock but it was a 2L diesel and the condition was really poor, mainly inside (and it was a manual). It was 3 owners and really showed it. I was also concerned that it was a manual but had a paddleshift steering wheel. This is the car below:

You can just make out the paddleshift in that picture but notice the manual gearbox?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was pleased to see an actual spare wheel in the boot as well! It’s been a very long time since I’ve seen anything other than a can of tyre weld under the boot floor!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts