Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a 2.0 TDiSE. When driving at a constant 60mph the ride becomes jerky almost as though the engine is slightly misfiring giving a sensation of being thrown forward in your seat slightly. It just an odd ride.

The dealer technician drove the car himself and said he thought maybe the engine was running lean or there maybe an air leak, but after they have had the car a week Im told they cant find a fault that they can fix!

Does any one else have a similar problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi mlarky,

Did you ever get to the bottom of your probelm?

We are experiencing a similar issue with an 2.0 TDi S-line. We've had RAC diagnose a faulty MAF sensor (which would match your air leak suggestion), but two Audi dealers have since run diags and claimed there are no faults. We've found it very difficult to explain to the dealer and despite having the car for a few days, they insist the car drives 'beautifully' so we are confused as what to do next?

Any info you or any one else may have would be really helpful.

Thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I earn my living fixing cars that others either dont want to fix or cant fix including working for most of the dealers ..most of the time if the owner thinks theres a problem there normally is.
Try to give the dealer as much information as possible, symptoms and when they occur etc ..the more info the more chance they have of experiencing it and fixing it. if possible take the technician out with you
on a test drive and try to show them the fault occurring.

The aa/rac provide a great service ...towing people to garages but unfortunately most of them are useless at diagnostics. We dont even look at their reports, in 20 years i could count the amount of times they've been right on one hand.
I take i the engine malfunction light hasnt come on ?

Does your q have a particulate filter fitted ? if so you may just be experiencing a regeneration cycle.
You may have already tried this but if not try some high quality fuel, i prefer shell. Alot of people use Supermarket fuel these days and quality is really poor. Unless i was about to run out i certainly would never use supermarket fuel.

If it still persists id advise a Smoke test to rule out any air leaks, more likely an internal leak though ie egr

Im sure if you keep on at them the dealer will eventually find the problem...hope you get it sorted

One tip...Going to a good technician with a list of what you think is wrong is always a bad idea, forums are a great source of information (as we on this forum know) but theres nothing worse than being presented with a list of possible faults all that have nothing to do with the job in hand. Dont hide nothing, the more info, the less time it will take to fix ..the less money it will cost .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts