Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm curious on how the progress are with the orders made in january this year. My order was placed in january, but I haven't even got a build week yet. So please post your information here for all orders made in january so we can track progress and hopefully have a feeling on when we will receive our cars.

Car: 2.0 TDI/143hbp, s-line, MMI high, B&O, panoroof, 20" wheels, daytona, LHD.
Where: Watford Audi
Order confirmed: january 7th.
Build week: N/A
Expected delivery: 6-7 months.

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I ordered S Line Special Edition on the 17th of Feb 2011.
No build week confirmed yet either.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Mark,

The interior pack is not LEDs, its a configurator error.
I spoke to Audi UK on the very subject yesterday and they are going to update the site so its correct.

You've ordered window blinds and privacy?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Car: 2.0 TDI/170hp MANUAL, s-line, MMI plus, B&O, panoroof, 20" wheels, brilliant black, LHD.
Where: Audi Stuttgart
Order confirmed: Feb. 11th. added some specs on march 14th
Build week: 23
Expected delivery: Was told July when I first ordered but now its been confirmed I will get it in June.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I placed my order by first week of January. Then got from dealer production week of February 21 (so it should be done already
). Expected pickup date after delivery to Poland, custom and other formalities - last week of March.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I placed my order by first week of January. Then got from dealer production week of February 21 (so it should be done already
). Expected pickup date after delivery to Poland, custom and other formalities - last week of March.
S-line ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
The interior pack is not LEDs, its a configurator error.
I spoke to Audi UK on the very subject yesterday and they are going to update the site so its correct.

You've ordered window blinds and privacy?
Well, I dont mind really. My girlfriend wanted to have "illuminated vanity mirrors"...

I guess I have to change the signature then...

Yes, I have ordered both. Please see "Privacy glass PLUS side window blinds"

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
We've ordered the S-Line Limited edition, 170. Daytona Grey, Privacy glass, heated front seats, ipod connection, light package, boot protector (for the dogs)and thats about it. It seems to come pretty spec'd up. Can't wait to get it!! Were on build week 14 which should be April 4th with a few weeks after for delivery. We ordered mid Jan from Audi Chingford.

·
Registered
69 Posts
We've ordered the S-Line Limited edition, 170. Daytona Grey, Privacy glass, heated front seats, ipod connection, light package, boot protector (for the dogs)and thats about it. It seems to come pretty spec'd up. Can't wait to get it!! Were on build week 14 which should be April 4th with a few weeks after for delivery. We ordered mid Jan from Audi Chingford.
3-4 months sounds very reasonable.
What I don't understand is why some dealers can get new cars quicker than the others.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I ordered 28th Jan and have been given a build of week 18, so first week of May by my calculations. Hope to receive the car end of May/begining of June.

See my sig for specs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When we ordered on 5th Feb we were provisionally given build week 19. When I added a couple more extras a week or so later, the updated build week had moved to 18. I emailed last week to check on progress and we're now confirmed at build week 14. So all the movements have been in the right direction

Maybe the supply shortages are getting resolved? What are dealers quoting now in terms of leadtimes for new orders?

Black 170 TDI S-Line, manual, with a few extras.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my Q5 premium plus w/navigation on Feb. 7. We were told several weeks ago that they had found one that was in production and that it would save me a couple of weeks.....but no date of arrival at that time. After two calls and one visit to my salesperson, I was told today that my car should be here in May. This process is very frustrating, but hopefully, it will all be worth it when my Q arrives!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered mine the 8th of November... The car is on its way to Cyprus. Expected delivery in 10-15 days. Looking forward to drive it....

·
Registered
294 Posts
When we ordered on 5th Feb we were provisionally given build week 19. When I added a couple more extras a week or so later, the updated build week had moved to 18. I emailed last week to check on progress and we're now confirmed at build week 14. So all the movements have been in the right direction

Maybe the supply shortages are getting resolved? What are dealers quoting now in terms of leadtimes for new orders?

Black 170 TDI S-Line, manual, with a few extras.
That is interesting - mine's not changed at all (wk 18) and I ordered just before you. Who is your dealer?

Been wanting to add to my spec but my Maidstone Audi keep warning me this could delay the build further but in your case it seems to have brought things forward.

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
That is interesting - mine's not changed at all (wk 18) and I ordered just before you. Who is your dealer?

Been wanting to add to my spec but my Maidstone Audi keep warning me this could delay the build further but in your case it seems to have brought things forward.
Maidstone Audi told us the same thing,but they said things could be added but wouldnt know for sure until order was changed if it would be affected.

Rich

·
Registered
35 Posts
3-4 months sounds very reasonable.
What I don't understand is why some dealers can get new cars quicker than the others.
Yes, we were quoted for a build in March which would have been very quick, the reason for this was due to the fact they told us they had a spare build week due to a cancellation. We're not back another month but it's not too bad. There also going to swap our tt before the q5 comes due to my misses being pregnant and getting pretty big, the tt is a little too small.

·
Registered
34 Posts

We ordered from Basingstoke Audi. We were also warned that changes could delay the build, but the sales guy seemed to be able to tell whether a particular change would or wouldn't affect the build slot. So a week or two after order we added the sun blinds and no effect to build week. Now we're less than four weeks from build no changes can be made apparently.

I don't think changing the spec necessarily brought forward the build slot, it sounded like things were shuffling around until confirmed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a Q5 S-Line on order from Audii Leeds at the start of Jan 11, I think the official order date was around the 10th Jan. I was advised that delivery should be around April 11. After returning back from holiday this week I called Audi for an update as I've just sold my car ready for the Q5 to arrive only to be told due to production delays it would now be September!!!!...........Yes I was and still am very angry with them. I just can't understand why no one called me to explain the delay. Has anyone in the UK had similar problems. Whats happening here? They gave me the option to cancel but I really like the car but September is now over 6 months away. I already feel like Audi have let me down.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had a Q5 S-Line on order from Audii Leeds at the start of Jan 11, I think the official order date was around the 10th Jan. I was advised that delivery should be around April 11. After returning back from holiday this week I called Audi for an update as I've just sold my car ready for the Q5 to arrive only to be told due to production delays it would now be September!!!!...........Yes I was and still am very angry with them. I just can't understand why no one called me to explain the delay. Has anyone in the UK had similar problems. Whats happening here? They gave me the option to cancel but I really like the car but September is now over 6 months away. I already feel like Audi have let me down.
That is not good news Eddie - If I were you I'd be looking for some sort of compensation, be it a discount, a loaner until the car is delivered, or free servicing.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts