Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to change back to my summer tyres and have invested in a trolley jack but not sure about where the jacking points for a trolley jack are. Do I need an adapter for my trolley jack so that I dont damage the sills?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've used my standard trolley jack without any problems. Can't remember off the top of my head the exact location to use but all was and is fine.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you are using a trolley jack why jack from the sills? You are lifting the car higher than required. Jack under the suspension arm and you will only need to lift the car max 1 inch.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just swapped mine back this afternoon as well, although i stuck with the standard jack (does anybody else take ages to get it and the tools back in place?). Now I think about changing all 4 wheels twice a year I wonder how many people use a torque wrench for tightening the bolts?

·
Registered
578 Posts
You should always use a torque wrench as the wheels need the correct torque as per the spec in the manual, you risk under tightening or over tightening the bolts if done by hand - fine for fitting the spare and getting back home, not fine to drive on until winter!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the process of doing this as well.
By the way for jack adaptors you can always use a hockey puck on your floor jack.
Torque according to the manual is 105 ft lbs. I was thinking of putting the jack on the marked pinch weld area but I didn't know where to put the jack stands. I'm so new with cars...I wouldn't even know how to find a suspension arm. Any pictures please?
Thanks very much.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Weird my manual says 120nm torque.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just for info... Both my local Audi dealers are happy to Continue to switch the winter/summer tyres over FOC as they are the Winter tyre programme set

·
Registered
1 Posts
What capacity of jack is recommended for this size of vehicle? Previously I've only used the jacks that came with my cars, but since I've upgraded to a Q5 I may invest in a trolley jack. Since the GVW is 5500lbs, is a 2 ton jack good enough? 3 ton?

What lift height would I need?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts