Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After ordering my SQ5 on 18th December and being told delivery would be late March, then told it could come forward a few weeks, I have been eagerly awaiting the call from my dealer to say the eagle has landed!!

Heard from them this morning, it arrived with them yesterday so by the end of the week a lovely shiny noisy Ibis White SQ5 with Magma Red/Black interior will be mine. Looking like a Saturday morning collection.

Going to be a long sleepless week for me

·
Registered
814 Posts
Very nice, and pretty fast !

I ordered on 31st Dec and supposed to collect on April 10th

·
Banned
842 Posts
Good work mate.

If (When) I order my SQ that would be the exact colour / interior I'd pick.

What other option's have you spec'd?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congrats mate, I will be egarly awaiting my 'call' soon also.

Do you know what your build week was so I can try and work out how long from factory to dealer?

·
Banned
289 Posts
Congrats. Good luck on the pick-up.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yes I hope this nice weather holds out, 50 mile drive home so if it is wet it won't look great when I get home. Reckon it will get washed by me anyway.

Build week 6 from memory.

Other options - tech pack, panoramic roof, 21" wheels, Audi Drive Select, Privacy Glass, Advanced Key, rear airbags, hill hold, heated front and rear seats, memory seats and mirrors, B&O sounds, powered bootlid, boot mat, probably others that I don't remember at the moment. Went a bit mad on the spec but was replicating the high spec X5 that I was selling to get the SQ5.

Oh also flat bottomed steering wheel, rear camera and tyre pressure monitor.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Congrats... Enjoy...

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sweet! I collected mine on Sunday in the rain... Sunshine would have been nice but I didn't let the rain spoil my fun! You're gonna love it!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really looking forward to it, sold the X5 first week of Jan and I also had a 335d Coupe that I sold a few weeks ago so there has been no powerful automatic cars in my life for a little while. Did get a new Golf GTD for my wife about 5 weeks ago so that still feels fresh given I seem to have hardly driven it but it ain't the same as a 3.0 bi-Turbo.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Congrats 😄

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I knew I forgot to mention an option - also having high beam assist. Think that's everything listed now.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Congrats mate bet you're excited. Keep checking autogespot.com SQ5 to keep you waiting, will get you hyped up!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Well today was my day!! Pickup was arranged for 1.00. Walked into the showroom and was greeted by an Estoril SQ5 clearly just there to make me question my decision on Ibis white. Need not have worried though as when I saw my car outside in the beautiful sun it was stunning. Several staff in the dealership had talked to me in the showroom saying how stunning the interior was. When I saw it I totally agreed, the magma red and black looks really special.

The wheels also are stunning and I'm so glad I specced the 21" wheels as they really look good up close. Nice 60 mile drive home on completely dry roads and I'm so impressed. Beautiful engine, so smooth, loads of power and then there is the noises!!! Not surprisingly the car was set in dynamic when I first started it up and the burbles put a smile on all our faces.

In summary I'm very happy. The three month wait flew past and today was a great pickup experience.

·
Registered
202 Posts
ah nothing compares to the day of collection
enjoy

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys. Been quite an adventure as we had to catch the train to Belfast as we weren't trading in. Kids loved the train as never travel that way. Then the bus to city centre for a bit of shopping, taxi to the Audi showroom with the grumpiest taxi driver ever. Then lots of paper signing, deposit paid and out to see the car!!

Great day out if perhaps a little expensive!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats mate, hope your enjoying your new car. Be interested in seeing some pics of yours with the 21's since you have the same colour combo I've gone for although you have a MUCH higher spec than mine. How does it compare to your previous 335d in terms or performance?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts