Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I've had the SQ5 now since November. Cracking machine, however over the past few days I have started to notice that when in "S" it doesn't feel right. Prior to this, it would rev sort of how I drove it if you get me; high end rev count when pushing it, and pretty reserved when driving leisurely. "S" however now seems to be driving like a manual. Just sits at high revs even when I take my foot off the pedal. Naturally falls down the rev count before changing down where as before it would have climbed until I took my foot off the accelerator and then it would have dropped into the next gear without sitting on the redline. Anyone else experienced this or is it a first? Haven't had it checked out yet, wanted to see what the rest of you thought.

Cheers

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
The gearbox software is adaptive so changes its shift points etc as it learns how you drive.

In D I find it changes up gears after heavy acceleration followed by lift off, but in S, if I accelerate then lift off, it might change up one gear (if I am 75%+ up the rev band) but otherwise it will hold the gear and engine brake back down.

I would say what it is doing is normal - you could ask your dealer to reset what it has learnt and see if it goes back to before?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I had this then i drove in Dynamic for a couple of days and it's back to normal, well how i like it anyway!

The sound Dynamic makes is a whole new level compared to Comfort/Individual, I think its the sound of the car when it is holding revs, wonderful!

Reactions: G dog

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had this then i drove in Dynamic for a couple of days and it's back to normal, well how i like it anyway!

The sound Dynamic makes is a whole new level compared to Comfort/Individual, I think its the sound of the car when it is holding revs, wonderful!
+1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts