Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just about to purchase the next child seat for my little one and have been looking at one that has a ISOFIX fitting and a "top tether" points.

Apparently a cord goes from the back of the child seat, underneath the headrest on the rear seat and then attaches to a tethering point on the rear of the seat. This is in lieu of ISOFIX seats that have a post that sits on the car floor in the footwell - the idea being that it gives your a more secure fitting (stops sideway movement) and more footwell space for storage etc.

Anyhow I've looked on the back of my rear seats and there appears to be blanking plates, where I would expect the anchor points to be.

Does anyone know if these blanking plates can be removed exposing an anchor point or is that an optional extra?? The blanking plates are pretty solidly fixed in place, and I don't want to cause unnecessary damage without being certain there is something underneath!!

Any insight would be great :)

Thanks all!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi

I asked the same question about the caps on the back of the rear seats to be told by Audi they are not anchor points. Poor when my other car a mk5 Golf has them. I ended up buying a Recaro isofix child for the q5 which is excellent, high up so the little one can see out and the bonus that it makes it easier to get them in and out.

Hope this helps.

Ps also have Recaro young sport seat (no isofix) for the golf which is also excellent just lower so the young one cannot see out of window as easy.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Well I did a bit of research on the internet and found a spanish q5 forum that seemed to suggest that they are indeed plastic covers which hide the additional anchor points behind the seats. However I did try again with a flat bladed screwdriver and couldn't seem to budge them without warping the plastic.

Anyhow I was passing the Audi dealership where I purchased the car from and popped in and asked a mechanic. He wasn't 100% sure, so he tried it on a Q5 they had in the showroom. Anyhow a little bit of force at the top and bottom of the covers (there are hidden plastic bits keeping them in, that need a little push) and the covers popped off. They revealed the anchor points as it suggested in the user manual - but the user manual didn't describe how to take them out. The mechanic learned something new as well ;-)

Anyhow I'm happy now and my daughter can get her next car seat :)

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts