Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still in the phase of hoovering-up every piece of information I can find on the SQ5....

I came across the following article - http://www.nzherald....jectid=10883300 in the New Zealand Herald ( a well-known source of motoring intelligence...)...

Specifically referring to the sound of the SQ5, it states the following:

So drive an SQ5 and your ears will indeed deceive you. In the firewall, at the front of the cabin, is a sound actuator. It's linked to the car's computer systems so it knows how fast you're going, what you're doing with the throttle and how aggressive your driving style is. It produces a throaty sound and transmits it directly into the cabin, using the windscreen as a speaker membrane.

Yes, really.

For those outside the car, there's an active sound exhaust system at the rear. It's also in communication with the car's electronic systems and generates specific frequencies thatmake the diesel SQ5 sound like it's powered by a massive V8 petrol engine. It has to be heard to be believed.

I have read about the changes to the exhaust system, but all that stuff about the firewall/sound actuator/windscreen is a new one on me....

Is it true?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Well if its true then Audi missed installing mine. The only sound mine makes comes out its arse, and very nice it is as well

Reactions: rifleman and José
1 - 3 of 3 Posts