Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still not a confirmed build date of week 11 2014, but my car keeps slipping and this week it slipped another 3 weeks, so from wk 48 to wk 3, to wk 8 to wk 11, so expecting delivery mid April. But I ordered and paid my deposit on 8 June 2013, so this is a 10 month wait.

Has anyone experienced a longer wait?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thats just taking the p155, what does your contract say about delivery dates? I would be onto Audi for some deal like a service pack or tyres or both.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered on 21st October told April/May but now end of March - is anything to do with the options you have selected??

·
Banned
289 Posts
I guess it must be related to a) either the options you have selected and/or
the dealer you are using...

I ordered in August, and the unconfirmed build week was given as week 2.

A couple of weeks ago, I changed the order from Sline Plus to SQ5 (added a couple of options and deleted a few more, compared to my original order). The consequence of that change meant that the unconfirmed build week moved to week 3.

I receive an update each week (via the leasing company) and so far, there have not been any changes/slippages..

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's a long time. Who's the dealer? There is a wide variety of order to delivery times on this board.

Ordered mine 1st August. Currently sitting with a build date of week 09. Delivery end of March.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't thnk my options are anything unusual, but the colour is a standard Cuvee silver which is not a common colour. Does anyone know if the choice of colour affects delivery.

Re delivery from the dealer. its just an estimate.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Seem to remember a few mentioning the pan roof could be a cause for delays... But then others mentioned audi exclusive leather - I had this option and my car was ready almost to the day I was originally given (4 months). There doesn't seem to be any consistency!

·
Registered
884 Posts
I ordered September, last I heard it was build week 2.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ordered my 3.0 s line plus in July and was told build weel 2 2014. However it's come fwd and my dealer told me this week it's here in the UK already!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Shabazmo

I only ordered 6 weeks before you and the car arrived in Mid August and I took delivery in first week of September. I had read on previous threads that the panoramic roof can cause a delay but this is ridiculous.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just to add another data point, I ordered a well optioned SQ5 including pano roof in mid-August from Inchcape via broker. They told me upfront they could not guarantee a delivery date more clear than 2nd quarter 2014.

I did contact most Audi dealerships in the southeast and all of them gave me similar delivery stories. Another Inchcape dealer offered me a "promised" delivery date of March 2014, but would not match the deal I obtained from the broker. As the deal was about 8% I decided to wait it out.

Subsequent communications with the dealer are hopeful they can beat the 2nd quarter estimate, but still no build date. They indicate they will not have full 2014 allocation figures until December. The dealer has been responsive to my emails and has also been accommodating with regard to spec changes.

Information on this board has been very helpful, thanks guys.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just to add another data point, I ordered a well optioned SQ5 including pano roof in mid-August from Inchcape via broker. They told me upfront they could not guarantee a delivery date more clear than 2nd quarter 2014.

I did contact most Audi dealerships in the southeast and all of them gave me similar delivery stories. Another Inchcape dealer offered me a "promised" delivery date of March 2014, but would not match the deal I obtained from the broker. As the deal was about 8% I decided to wait it out.

Subsequent communications with the dealer are hopeful they can beat the 2nd quarter estimate, but still no build date. They indicate they will not have full 2014 allocation figures until December. The dealer has been responsive to my emails and has also been accommodating with regard to spec changes.

Information on this board has been very helpful, thanks guys.
By sounds of it we're next to each other in that dealers queue

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I checked my order details and it states delivery 1 Jan 2014 and I can recall the salesman telling me that it may be that late! No problem for me as my wife has a 16 years old Ford Galaxy so what is an extra few months. The contract also states that I can cancel the order if the car is delayed by 28 days or more.

My conspiracy brain says that because I got a good discount, I am being pushed furtehr down the queue due to more profitable sales. I am not too bothered about the delay because I would much rather have a spring/summer car than a winter car. It will look good for longer.

The other thing thats on my mind is that the new Q5 may be anounced early next year as the Porche MaCan is now out, so am I beter cancelling and waiting for the all new Q5 model. Oh and it is the wife's car!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Been keeping an update on the new Q5 mate and it's due for a 2015 launch so you still got some time yet until a new one comes out!

·
Registered
253 Posts
As others have said, it may be the Pano roof that is delaying things? Really not great. I hope your dealer calls you soon with some good news. Mine kept moving out and then starting coming back. Hope you get some good news soon. G

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry guys can blow all of you out the water!! I ordered my SQ5 on bank holiday weekend May and have been told possible delivery beginning of feb maybe!!!! Really took the shine off the whole experience, a bloody joke in fact

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Secko, what is your spec? Can you put it on your signature. It is easy for everyone to now what you have orderred.

·
Registered
15 Posts
New to this mate what do you men put it on signature ?
Brief out line Estoril blue, panoramic roof, privacy glass,heated front seats,technology pack ,sound package,privacy glass,rear seat entertainment ,electric mirrors
Does anything jump out that putting time on my delivery?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh and 21" wheels

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think maybe the Pano Roof. I ordered in June and mine was built two weeks ago with delivery expected in two weeks. My spec is very similar to yours (see signature below). You can always ask your dealer to simulate a change to see if it is the Pano roof?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts