Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it only me or has anyone else looked at the SQ5 emblem in the rev counter and thought why didn't Audi illuminate that?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I hadn't - until NOW!! Damn it!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hmm Jose maybe another mod for you to think about ;-)

Reactions: José

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Same on all audis. It's an after thought - it's just a badge over a standard dial.
Totally agree it should illuminate (for all models).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not just you..it was my 1st "why didn't they..."

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tis a strange one because Audi (and other brands) put emblems on the gear lever and the steering wheel to make it feel special and then miss a nice touch like illuminating the easiest to do and the most viewed. Hardly notice its there in its present form

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another gripe is the only way I can tell if the lights are on is by

a: Facing a wall or building and looking to see the reflection
b: Turning the sat nav screen on to see if it's in night mode

Why haven't they got a simple "lights on" illumination icon on the dash?

Sorry, reason for gripe is when it's foggy... the auto light function does not always work

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Another gripe is the only way I can tell if the lights are on is by

a: Facing a wall or building and looking to see the reflection
b: Turning the sat nav screen on to see if it's in night mode

Why haven't they got a simple "lights on" illumination icon on the dash?

Sorry, reason for gripe is when it's foggy... the auto light function does not always work
Sorry to say that the lights can be on but night mode not!

I also don't like have no indication, however as the DRLs are so bright I figured that the dipped beam is only brought into play when really needed. I have mine set to 'late' and they still come on earlier than I would manually turn them on.
Also, if you turn front fogs on manually the dipped will come one as well, so you can override it in foggy situations (though I have also ways found them to come on in morning fog...)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes I've seen you can over ride the auto sat nav screen

The trouble with relying on the DRL's is you still have no real tail lights... which isn't ideal..

The pre 2007 land rovers had the same issue, then in 2007 they installed a simple green light on the dash which everyone said yeyy what a great idea!... Now I'm back to guessing again!

I drove home on the motorway in heavy rain yesterday, only to realise when I drove up to my house, the lights had been off the whole journey...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Yes I've seen you can over ride the auto sat nav screen

The trouble with relying on the DRL's is you still have no real tail lights... which isn't ideal..

The pre 2007 land rovers had the same issue, then in 2007 they installed a simple green light on the dash which everyone said yeyy what a great idea!... Now I'm back to guessing again!

I drove home on the motorway in heavy rain yesterday, only to realise when I drove up to my house, the lights had been off the whole journey...
You could get the tail lights come on with the DRLs via VCDS... I'm tempted for aesthetics but it would solve your issue as well.

·
Registered
503 Posts
You can tell when the headlights are on as the sidelights symbol illuminates green on the headlamp switch.

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
You could get the tail lights come on with the DRLs via VCDS... I'm tempted for aesthetics but it would solve your issue as well.

Jose, out of interest what is VCDS, and would this be an easy task to undertake? Thanks ...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reactions: Hectorshouse

·
Registered
140 Posts
it was the same on the S5 i had - and I was pretty convinced on the audi videos for the S5 that the S5 emblem was illuminated on the dash :-(

I'd put it down to the fact that it was probably a safety issue or something that didn't allow them to illuminate it....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts