Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there - good morning

I want to use an Ipod Touch with my Q5

I dont need any integration with the MMI - I simply want a cable that will let me control what I listen to via my Ipod ... output on the cars speakers

You've probably heard this multiple times but I couldn't find a relevant thread

Where can I pick up a phono cable to allow me to do this ? What kind of cable do I need ?

Many thanks in advance,

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you have the AMI (Audi Music Interface) option then you just need a cable from Audi or Ebay. The AMI connection resides in the glove box with a little pull out tray to place your iPod on. If you don't have AMI then I can't help you other than to suggest you put your music on an SD card (assuming you have that option).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have the AMI (Audi Music Interface) option then you just need a cable from Audi or Ebay. The AMI connection resides in the glove box with a little pull out tray to place your iPod on. If you don't have AMI then I can't help you other than to suggest you put your music on an SD card (assuming you have that option).
will check it out - many thanks for responding

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
Hi there - good morning

I want to use an Ipod Touch with my Q5

I dont need any integration with the MMI - I simply want a cable that will let me control what I listen to via my Ipod ... output on the cars speakers

You've probably heard this multiple times but I couldn't find a relevant thread

Where can I pick up a phono cable to allow me to do this ? What kind of cable do I need ?

Many thanks in advance,
Hi Silvio,
If its just purely just straight playback you want im sure there is an aux in socket(looks a bit like a headphone socket).If there is all you will need is a 3.5mm male to male stereo jack they come in various lengths.You wont be able to control the ipod with this lead but will be able to get playback.

Rich

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi As Rich said if you have not got MMI then inside the glove box is a small aux hole to the front of the box.
you will have to control your music from your ipod, and please dont expect to much as in playback quality.

if i was you put your music on the sd card and go that route

paul

·
Registered
963 Posts
On this subject.......What happened to the pull out tray to put your iPod on as per many pictures I've seen?

Mine has just got a shelf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Watch out for the cables you buy on ebay, I got two of them for the MMI and neither of them work.

·
Registered
963 Posts
On this subject.......What happened to the pull out tray to put your iPod on as per many pictures I've seen?

Mine has just got a shelf
Anyone taken delivery recently with the iPod pull out tray fitted
Just wondered if I'm missing something or if Audi removed it for some reason

I've had to put some ribbed rubber on the iPod shelf to stop it sliding around

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
Anyone taken delivery recently with the iPod pull out tray fitted
Just wondered if I'm missing something or if Audi removed it for some reason

I've had to put some ribbed rubber on the iPod shelf to stop it sliding around
Josh i have the pull out tray with the rubber already on it
,lol

Rich

·
Registered
963 Posts
Strange I might have to ring Audi UK and ask

·
Registered
18 Posts
old thread but here's what my glove box looks like on April build 2011 Prem+
just a net to hold ipod/iphone

and it has an issue with cable being crushed by closing glovebox door....

ipod net.jpg

Attachments

·
Banned
801 Posts
Our 2011 Prem+ has the little net 2 the top right of the glove box....
While it holds the ipod/phone perfectly, the cable is crushed when u close the glovebox door.... poor design...
What do you want from this forum. Elsewhere you already wrote about your problem.
http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php?/topic/1418-missing-parts/page__st__20

The best solution for you
Go to the Audi service and buy AMI(Audi music interface) and let you build the same in the service

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
JohnBoyToo, please don't be too offended by Spijun. I'm sure he does not mean to offend it is just that sometimes he come across as a bit abrupt - it's a language thing.

·
Banned
801 Posts
JohnBoyToo, please don't be too offended by Spijun. I'm sure he does not mean to offend it is just that sometimes he come across as a bit abrupt - it's a language thing.
Thanks CrustyNoodle
This is from another forum just to see how well johnboytoo lying
And three other Audi Forum wrote about their various problems
(forums.audiworld.com, www.go-audi.com, www.myaudiq5.com, www.audizine.com,...........)

COPY from another forum
Originally Posted by johnboytoo
I just found this website due to doing a google search for Oil use on our 2011 Audi Q5 2 L

Not alarmed (yet) but hoping it's the sensor/mmi gauge and will be bringing it into the dealer for my 5k soon and this will be on the list

on a side note - one of spjun's attacks on me in another forum made me delete my login there...
is spjun argumentative on every Audi forum - or am I just misreading something ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts