Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked Q5 up Monday, love it to bits.

Fiddling with the Jukebox and my iPod and iPhone and it doesn't recognise either when I try to copy music across. It plays the music fine through the AMI so I'm not sure when I'm going wrong!

Any help much appreciated!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Picked Q5 up Monday, love it to bits.

Fiddling with the Jukebox and my iPod and iPhone and it doesn't recognise either when I try to copy music across. It plays the music fine through the AMI so I'm not sure when I'm going wrong!

Any help much appreciated!
I don't think you can copy from your iPod/iPhone it has to be SD Card or CD.

Thats how I did mine and it works a treat. The only thing I dont like is that is sorts the albums by the artists name rather than the album name. This is ok mostly, but when you have compilation albums with different artists it looks odd when using the album browser. I haven't yet worked out a way of changing it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah that's a pain

·
Banned
801 Posts
No, it is not possible to download files from an iPod into the jukebox. The way an iPod's inner workings are set up, you cannot transfer the song files directly from the iPod into the Jukebox. The song files must be saved on an SD card/DVD/data CD (not music CD) or some other portable drive in order to get them into the Jukebox. It is the same concept that one cannot simply plug an iPod into a computer and download songs into that computer.
Also when music has been copied to the MMI Jukebox, this music can not be exported from the Jukebox to an external media device.
Additionally, if your vehicle is equipped with AMI and the iPod cable, simply plug in the iPod using the iPod cable to have have full access to your iPod's music (while the iPod is plugged in). Song titles, playlists, and such will all show up in the MMI screen.
http://www.audiusa.c...__Internet.html
under: Can I transfer songs from my iPod to the jukebox?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.
Probably buy another iPod then to make it easier. 1 the wife can use, 1 for my dirty bass

·
Banned
801 Posts
Maybe the better to buy 1-2 SD card 16GB
iPod music converted from digital to analog and then send to the MMI, the MMI turns it into a digital
Due to these conversions from digital to analog and then back to digital again affected the quality of the sound

·
Banned
842 Posts
myMemory sells 32GB cards for £9.99. Thats what I use at 320kps and the sound quality is excellent. I have given up copying to the jukebox and just use the card instead its easier to change when you are bored.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where is the SD card reader? On my Q3 it was just below radio, can seem to see it on 5!

·
Banned
801 Posts
On the right side the buttons info you have SD card slot

If you have MMI 3G + when you open the cover audi multimedia there are two slots for SD cards

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found them thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just copied all my music from the sd card onto the jukebox with no problem .
The sound quality seems the same just use the sd card to copy music onto and then transfer to the jukebox you then can remove your sd card and all your music is stored in one place you can also store dvd aswell.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi, being blonde again - did you copy it from iTunes, or some oter way? I tried th elink above, but it doesn;t go anywhere!

Jan

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi, being blonde again - did you copy it from iTunes, or some oter way? I tried th elink above, but it doesn;t go anywhere!

Jan
Hi Jan,
This certainly works. If you have your tunes on an SD card in WMA or MP3 format you can easily upload them to the Jukebox. In Media select the SD card and then select copy and follow the prompts.
You need music that is free from digital rights restrictions for copy to work.
If you Google Audi tutorials you'll find both UK and US tutorials on how to copy music to the Jukebox.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks Aldfort, I'll have a go!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts