Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the AMI/MMI cable, I'm well aware of the cigarette lighter thing that charges and acts as an FM transmitter, and I already use the pandora trick somebody posted on here a while back to play pandora over AMI/MMI. I have a different question...

If my 2010 q5 premium plus will stream audio from various navigation apps (such as google maps), surely there should be SOME way to get it to stream audio from other apps, right? I live in CO and drive to and from Denver to the mountains every weekend (along with half of the state) and get stuck in parking lot traffic frequenently, and would love to be able to have a ski movie going on my phone with the audio playing over the car's speakers. In other words, has anybody found a way to stream audio from itunes, the 'video' app from itunes, youtube, netflix, etc.?

It sounds like the fm transmitter would accomplish this, but I'm doubtful of the audio quality and would rather not drop ~$100 if I can avoid it. Any advice would be much appreciated!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I presume the 2010 and/or your spec level did not include Bluetooth audio streaming?
I use that for Spotify, and it will play whatever is on the phone through the car such as YouTube etc.
I've not experimented with the AMI in my SQ as the Bluetooth is so convenient...
It would also depend slightly on what phone you have as to whether it is happy to stream over USB/Bluetooth from any app etc? The iphone is happy to do both from experience using it in other cars over the USB... You have to start iPod playing first to fool the car, then swap to your preferred app and off you go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jose, I appreciate the quick response. To answer your questions - my car does not include bluetooth audio streaming, but it does do bluetooth calling and it picks up the audio for my google maps app over the bluetooth. And my phone is the iphone 5s.

I haven't tried spotify, are you saying that you can start spotify then pause it and switch to youtube and the car will then stream audio from youtube over bluetooth? I'll definitely give that a go!

I'm not sure what you mean with your last point - "stream over USB/Bluetooth"? By USB I assume you mean either the FM transmitter or AMI cable, so not bluetooth, correct? Fooling the car to play pandora and other music apps once plugged into the AMI cable isn't the problem here, what I'm trying to do is stream audio (from music and/or video) without the AMI cable or fm transmitter.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Ok, with you, not with the AMI cable...

If you don't have the 'audio' option if you go to bonded Bluetooth devices in the MMI and select your phone then your best option will be this...
http://a2dp4audi.netmagi.com

You won't have to do any fooling with this. Whatever you play on the phone will come out the car no issues

Only thing I am not sure about, is if your phone will be able to connect to the netmagi for audio and the car direct for calls still simultaneously though... Their FAQ claim you can...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Also this... http://www.amazon.com/ViseeO-WMA1000-Tune2air/dp/B00B52LLJ6
Slightly cheaper, have seen more people mention using it, and it will get you full playlist support (for iPod at least) as well as track skip/pause via the steering wheel buttons for other apps...
The netmagi won't give you and interaction with the phone via the MMI/steering wheel.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Looks like this might be on my Christmas list :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Quick question relating this topic.

Is there any way i can play music through the MMI via my iphone without connecting it to the cable in the glove box?

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Quick question relating this topic.

Is there any way i can play music through the MMI via my iphone without connecting it to the cable in the glove box?

Thanks.
Yes if your MMI has Bluetooth Audio streaming support (not sure what year it was added, and is dependant on your spec - you need to have bluetooth high I think).
Or, with the devices linked above, I see you have AMI on your spec, so the device will connect to the AMI port, and then do bluetooth audio streaming to your phone, so no wires out of the glovebox etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Been using viseeo 3000A with AMI cable on mine. I have no problem streaming audio wirelessly and it can play other apps like youtube, just need to keep at least a song in my library in order to stream other apps. I would say it works really well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts