Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am about to order a new Q5, if I can ever decide between the 177 diesel or 180 petrol.

One question I am not sure about is the bluetooth connectivity that comes with the SE model. The information in the brochure doesn't make it clear if this is standard and what the difference is between this and the mobile telephone preparation optional extra (175 or 350 pounds)

If any has one of these can they confirm if it works with the iPhone 5 ?

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hi,
I am about to order a new Q5, if I can ever decide between the 177 diesel or 180 petrol.

One question I am not sure about is the bluetooth connectivity that comes with the SE model. The information in the brochure doesn't make it clear if this is standard and what the difference is between this and the mobile telephone preparation optional extra (175 or 350 pounds)

If any has one of these can they confirm if it works with the iPhone 5 ?

Thanks
Matt
Bluetooth is standard on the SE. As far as I could tell telephone prep included a holder that would charge the phone and connects through the external aerial.

My Galaxy Note works fine with standard BT but I can't comment on the iphone 5.

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Please be advised, Bluetooth comes as standard with all Q5s and it worked with my iPhone 5 when I took my test drive.
A built in Bluetooth interface is standard across the Q5 range, this allows your phone to be operated using the multifunction steering wheel, if fitted, in conjunction with the Driver's Information System via a Bluetooth connection.
See Audi website for details of the options

You may find the180 petrol a bit gutless, go for the 225PS.

I suggest you take a test drive(s) try your iPhone and make up your own mind on which model suits your requirements.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Does not exist engine with 225PSI
You may find the180 petrol a bit gutless, go for the 225PSI.
PSI = PRESSURE (PSI = Pounds per square inch)

Exist 2.0TFSI engine that has 180 PS (132kW) or 225 PS(165kW)

My advice to you is to take a diesel with 177 PS(130kW) because Audi has a problem with the engine 2.0TFSI
2.0TFSI engine has a problem with high oil consumption

Try to write in Google: 2.0TFSI oil consumption
I do not know that this problem is solved

I'm not sure about the iPhone 5 because I have read on other forums that people had problems - individual cases but there

Good luck

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Thanks for correcting my typo.

Some owners have indeed reported very high oil consumption with their 2.0 TFSI (and others with 2.0 TDI). My Q5 2.0 TFSI consumes no more than my A3 2.0 TDI 170.

OP may feel more concerned if he googles Audi 2.0 TDI DPF problems.

·
Banned
801 Posts
You're welcome

I'm not saying that everyone consume oil but it is very common and there is no repair for possibility as opposed to a problem with DPF
DPF problems can be solved, but the oil consumption is not - It is a big problem that has not solved
Another reason is the fuel consumption. TDI consumes less 30-40% less fuel depends on conditions

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
All Audi 2.0 engines consume oil. The TFSI may burn a little more than TDI but that has not been my experience. The 2.0 TFSI is fitted to many Audis and a.n.other VAG cars, I don't see excessive oil consumption as a big problem. My Q5 2.0 TFSI comsumes two litres of engine oil between service intervals, which is not a big expenditure. What does yours use?

Not everyone will experience DPF problems, but a significant number have found it is expensive to solve. A cottage industry has grown up to replace and refurbish blocked DPFs.

I think we are all aware that 2.0 TDI is more ecconomical on fuel than 2.0 TFSI. This is one of the reasons why most Q5 buyer's choose diesel. I am not suggesting OP should buy petrol, but rather if he does for a small increment in price he would be better buying the 225 over the 180.

·
Banned
801 Posts
I have always had a TDI (8 models) and I had no problems with oil consumption (15,000 km-1-1,5l)
This is my first Audi with a petrol engine and the oil consumption is 1 liter every 3500-4000 km

Audi has stopped offering gasoline engine with S tronic for this reason. They tried everything but failed to solve the problem - I know because my best man a manager in the Audi
In the new model version of the A6 have only 180 PS ????? no 211 or 225

Problem with DPF can be solve the in this way

http://www.masperformance.co.uk/dpf-removal/vag-tdi-quattro-dpf-removal-pipe-now-available/

·
Registered
343 Posts
The standard bluetooth connects the phone
Telephone prep low adds the cradle option and voice control but there is no cradle for the iphone 5 yet
Telephone Prep high adds the google maps stuff but i don't believe it works with iphones as it uses the SIM

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
You are using more oil than I do, but even at your higher rate of consumption it is only circa £0.003 per kilometer. Not a lot of money when compared to £700, if one should have to replace the DPF.

I find your claim Audi have tried everything but cannot solve the "problem" of high oil consumption on 2.0TFSI engine farcical - utter nonsesne.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Prob too late but my iPhone 5 works fine with my car

·
Registered
50 Posts
We have Telephone high and it works fine with the iPhone 5. Although, the iPhone doesn't support SIM access profile so you lose out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts