Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, can anyone confirm if I plug my iPhone 5 in to the AMI using a
Lightning to 30-pin Adapter it will give the full functionality? i.e display Album Artwork etc.​

Seems to be a mixed bag in terms of opinions on the www. Be useful to know before I commit to buying an adaptor.​

Thanks in advance​
Simon.​

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I was told it should do buy the dealer but not tried.

I use Bluetooth audio streaming though and just charge the phone over USB. This is mainly as I use the Spotify app not the built in music so AMI would gain me nothing anyway.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use Bluetooth audio streaming though and just charge the phone over USB. This is mainly as I use the Spotify app not the built in music so AMI would gain me nothing anyway.
I'm a big spotify user so bluetooth sounds like the way to go ... Can you move between Spotify songs / playlists via AMI and do you get any Album covers etc?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I'm a big spotify user so bluetooth sounds like the way to go ... Can you move between Spotify songs / playlists via AMI and do you get any Album covers etc?
No, even if you do plug it in you won't get full control, you may get album artwork over AMI but I've not tried as I say.

Over Bluetooth you get full artist/album/track info for the current playing track (rather this than the artwork TBH), and you can skip fwd/bwd tracks in the current playlist by rocking the volume left/right (note the steering wheel fwd/bwd won't work as it relies on pulling the current playlist/album list up and you scrolling through and selecting the track you want - the Bluetooth protocol only supports current track info not playlist listing),
Basically I pick a playlist on the phone directly and when it runs out (illegally) pick the phone up and choose the next playlist. This works fine for me as I have a number of 2-3 hour playlists so rarely run out on the move.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hiya, can anyone confirm if I plug my iPhone 5 in to the AMI using a
Lightning to 30-pin Adapter it will give the full functionality? i.e display Album Artwork etc.​

Seems to be a mixed bag in terms of opinions on the www. Be useful to know before I commit to buying an adaptor.​

Thanks in advance​
Simon.​
I have two adapters 1 from amazon at £2 and 1 from Apple at £25 the 1 from apple works fine for music and the other does not. The one from apple has a chip in it am lead to believe that the other has not.
I am using the blue lead from Audi to the adaptor to my iPhone 5 and itouch which has the same iPhone 5 connection and it works fine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all, appreciate you sharing the knowledge. I'll give the Spotify-bluetooth a whirl and dependent on how annoyed I get at having to pick up the phone to change playlists I may have to pay Apple their $$$$$$

Roll on Monday ..

Reactions: José

·
Registered
877 Posts
No, even if you do plug it in you won't get full control, you may get album artwork over AMI but I've not tried as I say.

Over Bluetooth you get full artist/album/track info for the current playing track (rather this than the artwork TBH), and you can skip fwd/bwd tracks in the current playlist by rocking the volume left/right (note the steering wheel fwd/bwd won't work as it relies on pulling the current playlist/album list up and you scrolling through and selecting the track you want - the Bluetooth protocol only supports current track info not playlist listing),
Basically I pick a playlist on the phone directly and when it runs out (illegally) pick the phone up and choose the next playlist. This works fine for me as I have a number of 2-3 hour playlists so rarely run out on the move.

I do exactly the same. Works for me. Need to get the drains up on whether I actually gain a great deal by plugging into AMI or using SD card or jukebox.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts