Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Q5 for 3 years now and unfortunately it's now out of warranty.
I've been using the WiFi Hotspot for 3 years (own SIM) without a single issue. Always allows devices to connect without issue.
When I first got the car I changed the SSID and password so it's been like this for 3 years.
2 weeks ago the car was in for a recall to upgrade the software and ever since then I've been having intermittent issues with the WiFi.
I can get into the car with my kids, start up the car and all devices will connect and work ok. We can go somewhere and when we return the SSID will still broadcast but no devices can connect. You get an error on the device saying unable to connect. This applies to both Apple and Android devices.
I have tried switching the WiFi on and off again - no change.
I have pulled the SIM to cause a system reset - no change.
I have tried changing the password and SSID - no change.
I have reset the MMI Bluetooth and WiFi to factory settings - no change.
I have reset to factory the entire MMI system - no change.

The only thing that I have found to work is leaving the car overnight, where next morning the WiFi works again, until the next time it stops.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Obviously since my car is now out of warranty I am sure I would need to re-mortgage for Audi to fix it.
I am not sure if it's somehow linked to the fact that the Audi Connect services have now expired. To renew the Connect licence Audi are looking for £14.50 per month, which I am not willing to pay.
I did renew the Remote Connect service which is cheaper and more useful.

Any feedback is much appreciated. I will report to Audi, just wondering if I am the only person with this or if someone else has seen it?

-Kerr

1 - 1 of 1 Posts