Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Phoned my insurer today to transfer my policy to the new car ready for March 1st and get the certificate so the dealer can get it taxed. On the policy I received it states the usual - 'Has not Changed from the manufacturers standard Specification'

Now when I called to make the change I told them that I was having running boards fitted by the dealer so was surprised there was no mention of it on the schedule or certificate.

I called them back to be told that as long as I have not taken delivery it didn't matter. When I said they were not standard or factory fitted options but after market accessories installed at the dealership she again said it didn't matter.

Is this right? I don't want to find my insurance is invalid or i'm not fully covered

Mike

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get it listed on the schedule - that way they have no wiggle room.
I told her to do list it and she said it wasn't necessary and refused to do it. She said keep the receipts to show what I bought.

Think I will call them back and get another agent to see what they say.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
She was proberbly 2 lazy 2 do it,u just can't get the staff 😄

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would call them back and advise accordingly.

Also, you may want to check the definition of 'Has not changed from the manufacturers specification'. Depends who your insurer is, some will make you list EVERY option that you have ticked (it won't always change the premium), but, technically, many insurers can choose to pay out based only on the standard spec. Be careful.

All the best

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Got my 7 day cover from Audi today. Obviously I declared my "incident". I was quoted £578 vs the £210 I paid with my current insurer in December for the same car. Mind you I do expect it to rise come renewal, despite the protected NCD.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
With Admiral they want every factory option, and of course aftermarket options. I made sure I sent them the full list as many of the options don't fit the standard tick boxes.

As stated above, even if they say it doesn't matter still get it stated on the policy regardless, then you are totally covered.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I get my new Audi on 01st March and my insurer (privilege) wanted to know every optional extra.

Ransman,
Is the Audi 7 day cover free?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I get my new Audi on 01st March and my insurer (privilege) wanted to know every optional extra.

Ransman,
Yes - all manufacturers offer it as you have to have insurance for them to tax the vehicle.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just send an Email to confirm the conversation that you have running boards fitted and you were told it makes no differance to your Cover / Policy Insurance by their operative ................................

·
Registered
1,046 Posts

Ransman,
Obviously you have seen the answer - I am with Privilege as well. The experience of sorting my repair has gone pretty smoothly to date so full marks to them so far. I will update on the other thread.

I will ensure I list my options when I change over to the new car.

Anybody else collecting from Bristol on 1st March?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts