Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to have some tips in order to remove frontal panel air vents (ar the four ones). My wife is a little bit "agressive", so I need to pull them out in order to repair or exchange. Any information, that leads me to conclude this mission, will be very appreciated. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,897 Posts
If its the 2008-2016 Q5 model then the you need a special tool - 3438 T- Handle (basically a T-handle with a tiny hook), you can get them cheap on eBay/Amazon etc. There are 2 holes either side inside the vent, and you insert this tool with hook on the end to pull the vents out. Remember that there is a cable the needs to be unplugged (for the illuminated dial) so be gentle!

Rectangle Auto part Fashion accessory Font Metal

Motor vehicle Font Engineering Auto part Terrestrial plant

Reactions: missile

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If its the 2008-2016 Q5 model then the you need a special tool - 3438 T- Handle (basically a T-handle with a tiny hook), you can get them cheap on eBay/Amazon etc. There are 2 holes either side inside the vent, and you insert this tool with hook on the end to pull the vents out. Remember that there is a cable the needs to be unplugged (for the illuminated dial) so be gentle!

View attachment 12239

View attachment 12238

View attachment 12239

View attachment 12238
Thank you for this tips. Unfortunatelly, I gave a look inside the vents (with a torch) and could not be able to verify any kind of holes inside, to place this tool. I will keep searching.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,897 Posts
I was the same, I tried to see them with a torch as well. So I took the fuse side panel off and then you can see at least one of them. There is a hole on each side, trust me the holes are there, you just need to know where exactly to look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts