Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Q5 3.0TDI S-line Special Edition for five days now and I wanted to give you guys my initial impressions on the car.

The 20" wheels on the Special Edition look awesome. I know this is a matter of taste, but I really think they suit the car. There is a downside though, and this is my biggest criticism of the car: the ride is, IMO, harsh. I've got 2010 standard suspension, and when I test drove the Q5 many moons ago, it had the standard 19" S-Line wheels and sports suspension, and I don't remember it being as bumpy. I'm sort of wishing I'd got the Drive Select Suspension option in the hope this would make the car more comfortable. On the motorway the car is fine, it's just bumpy on those London B roads that have been dug up fifty times. I think if you're used to sports suspension, it's maybe not an issue.

I've been driving it pretty carefully so far, but the car feels great on the motorway. The DIS is reporting 45 mpg on a decent stretch, which is impressive.

My favourite gadgets are the Advanced Key, which is fantastic, and the Sunroof, which really brightens up the interior. The hill-hold assist is a very nice option too; it's just a shame you can't auto-enable it when the car starts up.

I like the MMI Sat Navigation and haven't found it too difficult to get to grips with (although the often noted lack of postcode support is annoying). The Bluetooth option works faultlessly with my iPhone 4. I'm going to put a USB hard-drive in the AMI over the weekend.

I haven't got used to the rear-parking camera yet, I think I just need to spend some time practising with the parallel parking mode to comment on whether it was worth the cash.

Next time around, I wouldn't have ordered the Rear Bench seat option. I was under the impression it gave more legroom in the cabin; it's the other way around, it gives more storage space in the boot.

Overall, I'm really enjoying the car and love the Lava Grey paint.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for reporting on your experience so far. Enjoy the Q5

·
Registered
963 Posts
But you can adjust the angle of the back seats which may give slightly more room. I've not tried it yet.

However I did know it increased the boot and it does give more flexible options for folding down/storage of long items without affecting the rear seating too much. So as an option it's a
from me

I also like the ADS. Comfort just takes the edge off those bumpy roads.

Not needed the hill hold assist yet

Glad you're enjoying it Davey

·
Registered
963 Posts
Tried the brake hold assist. I like it. It helps a speedy get away from a standstill.
B&O is superb. iPod and phone integration is very good. I don't even mind the minor postcode issue on the satnav.
I'm still not used to the reverse camera and won't ever rely on it totally. But it's nice to have that extra view.

Well I can't say that I'm missing the RRS. The Q is a much nicer drive overall. No regrets from me

·
Registered
90 Posts
Tried the brake hold assist. I like it. It helps a speedy get away from a standstill.
B&O is superb. iPod and phone integration is very good. I don't even mind the minor postcode issue on the satnav.
I'm still not used to the reverse camera and won't ever rely on it totally. But it's nice to have that extra view.

Well I can't say that I'm missing the RRS. The Q is a much nicer drive overall. No regrets from me
No mention of the Carbon Fibre inlays

You haven't gone off them already

·
Registered
963 Posts
For you Biffo............NO

·
Registered
90 Posts
For you Biffo............NO

When I eventually get my Q5 I'm going to write a review of my impressions and in addition to the good/bad points I will have to include my biggest mistake in ordering which will be "should have ordered CF inlays'

·
Registered
963 Posts
I parked next to an A4 this afternoon which had the chrome trims...............not my cup of tea.....very bright.........so glad I ordered CF

But you can get them from ABT Biffo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts