Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the tech pack high and am trying to import music from an SD card to the HDD
The card is recognised and I have ticked the folders/albums to import. The system then tells me importing complete but the jukebox is empty,
What am I missing and also does the engine have to be running?
I can normally figure these things out but i'm stumped and I cant make sense of the instruction manual!!
Any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
550 Posts
I seem to recall other folk having issues with this where the music wasn't in a compatible format. Is your music in MP3 format?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good question!!! i think so, i saved it to sd card via windows media player.....would that be mp3?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
weirdly i managed to import some music from a usb memory stick this weekend ( the same music that i had on a SD card) so does music just import from the usb port?

·
Registered
503 Posts
After reading this post I also have a question about importing music to the HDD Jukebox.

Currently with my A3 I burn an MP3 CD using a 'Car Albums' playlist in iTunes (Mac) which gives me a CD showing the different albums in their own folders. My Concert head unit then recognises the folder structure and plays the albums in order.

When I get my car next week I want to be able to import a large part of my iTunes collection so I would like to get the albums on my 16GB USB stick and then import into the Jukebox.

My question is how do I go about doing this as iTunes wont let you burn to a USB stick. I know I could copy the album folders from the iTunes music folder but thats a bit of a fiddle. I have tried dragging a playlist to the USB stick but that doesn't do anything.

Dragging the albums from iTunes to the USB stick does work, but it doesn't put then into folders. I was wondering if maybe the jukebox will recognise them as albums and put them in order or whether it will just put them in chronological order and they will end up totally out of sync.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thank you.

·
Registered
503 Posts
As you are using a mac you can use AppleScript to export the albums. The link below is to an excellent site with many useful iTunes scripts. This one will do what you want, real simple to install as well.

http://dougscripts.c...ttoalbumfolders

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much, that is absolutely perfect and works a treat.

I have used Doug's scripts before for finding & embedding artwork, but didn't realise there would be such a perfect one for my needs

Very happy

·
Registered
289 Posts
50 albums loaded to the jukebox with all the album art, track, artist, album and production data. MP3 or WMA files up to 320 bit rate loaded fine. I had to use tagging software to get all the information to show up correctly in the album browser and in the album detail window.
File stucture on the SD card seems to need to be one folder per album in the root directory.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gents,

My question is a little off topic but rather than start a new thread....

I own a Q5 2012. I want to change the default setting for MIX.

When playing media (music tracks) from either my jukebox or sdcard, I prefer to have the tracks set to MIX (using the CONTROL menu).This way, it never get's too boring.

It appears that the MMI resets to have MIX default as OFF everytime I restart the car so I am wondering if there is any way to set the MIX (shuffle) command to default as ON.

Is there a hidden code via VAGCOM VCDS?

PS... it's a tad difficult to do a search in the forums for anything related to MMI because the forum software does not allow for any word search that is less than 4 charactors. It's a pity because the MMI is the heart n soul of the car....but I am over it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts