Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi/
I'll be selling my 2011 Q5 3litre LHD in a few months.
Just wanted to say thanks to the members here.
- Especially Missile & Spijun
Decided to try the new A6 Allroad.
A shame really, as both my wife & I were happy with the Q5. - This was our third.
However I do not like the sound of the new SQ5, & really rather fancy the Biturbo.
Also I'm disappointed that the Q5 does not have the options that the A6 has, such as the heated steering wheel, & head-up display.
Having test-driven one, you may be interested to know that the ride is a lot more comfortable.
Ordered the A6 Allroad today from Watford Audi.
(I can recommend Mel Dowsett for European customers).
Au Revoir!
Peter.

·
Still Game
4,609 Posts
Hi Peter,

I was most impressed when I test drove the A6. I am surprised you are buying in UK, do you get a better deal on a tax free export to France? I would be interested to hear when you take delivery of the A6.

Can you give me some more detail on why you decided against the SQ5.

Best Regards, Bob.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Congratulations and I hope you will enjoy in new car

Q5 does not have the options that the A6 has because the Q5 model 2008 and A6 model 2011 but they will be in the new model Q5 2014

I have not yet decided between the A6 quattro or BMW 5 xDrive

Enjoy the new car and life
Good luck
Au revoir

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi Peter, I changed from a Q5 to the new A8 and I love it - best wishes.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I was lent an old A6 Allroad when our car went in for a few days and the ride comfort with the air suspension was amazing compared to our Q5S-Line with the 19" and the sports suspension - its certainly something that Audi should consider for the next version of the Q5, although you could always upgrade to the Q7 and I'm sure they wont want to put all the goodies on the smaller car as they won't sell as many Q7's

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd love to try one of those Bi-turbo engines, I might see if I can get a loan of one for an afternoon next time I'm at the stealers. Also I think that the Audi sports suspension is pretty much designed to be overly firm with little benefit to handling. I think a lot of customers think that uncomfortable and sporty are the same thing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts