Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone tell me what connecting cable i need to connect my i pod nano to the aux in socket in the centre armrest .
Also does this show playlists ,artist names and album info.
The sd card i have in now plays all the songs but is showing untitled artist names and track info.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well, to connect to AUX there is only one choice: mini jack to mini jack... so only pure audio. With such connection you will only get sound to MMI, no additional information about artist, track name or album. For this you would need AMI and special cable (special connector is then located in passenger side tray).
Regarding SD card - make sure you have your mp3 tags written in version 1 (ID3v1). MMI does not understand newer ID3v2 tags and will just display track number (eventually folder name, not sure about this).

·
Registered
18 Posts
while the ipod does connect and work from the glove box special cable,
I haven't found a regular Aux-in and would like to....

Where is it located ? Any pics ?

·
Banned
801 Posts
while the ipod does connect and work from the glove box special cable,
I haven't found a regular Aux-in and would like to....

Where is it located ? Any pics ?
Read a little better:
"Could anyone tell me what i need connecting cable to connect my nano, and under it in the aux socket in the center armrest."

It is normally only for the base sound system

·
Registered
18 Posts
Apologies, but I did read, and while a related question, just thought I'd hijack the thread for my question

why I asked for a pic since the manual mentioned an aux in and I had not been able to locate one thus far....

We listen to audiobooks on my Garmin gps's and am trying to see if I can load it either on the nav, jukebox, or ipod...

Did get it functioning on the ipod, but the mmi won't recognize it....

will give audi usa a shout to see what they say...

Thanks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts