Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just updated my i phone software from 3 to 4.0.1 and now I cannot connect via bluetooth to my Audi Q5 sat nav. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a more recent version of the Audi Sat Nav software that will fix it. I collected my Q5 on 1st March 2010.

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
963 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Toying with upgrading my Nokia to an iphone 4, given that it seems to work really well with the Q5.

Should I wait for the iphone 5 that is likely to address the antenna issue
Rumoured to appear early next year.

OR should I just get on with it

BUT.....then again I also like the look of the Nokia N8 due sometime soon.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Ok.....you've all talked me into it with your replies........

32gb iPhone 4 ordered

Hope it works great with the car

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
Ok.....you've all talked me into it with your replies........

32gb iPhone 4 ordered

Hope it works great with the car
Should of waited!! all i phones are shite!! they will replace it with a new one every 6 months and you're stuck with a contract unless you're mad enough to buy one out of contract.but thats my opinion lol

·
Registered
963 Posts
Well I picked up my iPhone today. I'm very impressed so far.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Toying with upgrading my Nokia to an iphone 4, given that it seems to work really well with the Q5.

Should I wait for the iphone 5 that is likely to address the antenna issue
Rumoured to appear early next year.

OR should I just get on with it

BUT.....then again I also like the look of the Nokia N8 due sometime soon.
I have had an iPhone 4 since release and have never been able to attenuate the signal as was feared, even out of its case. in fact, I get a much stronger signal than previous iphone.It also works extremely well with Q5

·
Registered
963 Posts
Thank you for a positive response at last.
Even being car less I'm very impressed with the phone!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I upgraded my iPhone 3GS to an iPhone 4 a few weeks ago and, like others, I can report that it works fine with the Q5 Bluetooth hands free preparation.

As a bonus the Audi charging cradle that I purchased for my previous iPhone 3GS (Part No 8P0051435HC) also seems to fit my iPhone 4 (in its naked, uncased, state).

I have, however, noticed that I?ve had to adopt a slightly different way of latching the phone into the cradle: -

For the 3GS I was able to gently push down on the top part of the phones screen to latch it down.

For the iPhone 4 gently pressing the top of the phone doesn?t seem to work, however gently pressing down the holder on either side of the release button does latch the phone into place.

Naturally until Audi formally announce that the holder is suitable for the iPhone 4 (or not!!!) I would advise owners to exercise caution (moderate force only) when latching the phone in place since I don?t want to be receiving claims for broken iPhone 4?s

·
Registered
963 Posts
Cheers. Hopefully Audi will bring out a cradle soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts