Audi Q5 Forum banner

I love my Q5!!

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ozcj 
#1 ·
Hi there!!

I have a 2009 Audi Q5 2.0 TDI.

Have been in love with it since the day I bought.

But something happened to my car today and I am feeling really sad.

While I was driving, a hazard warning came up and saying there's no Reverse gear (but can keep driving.... as it said on the screen)

All the sudden I realised my car couldn't change gear anymore.

RPM went up to over 4000 and stayed on D1, no response when change to R reverse gear.

I urgently dropped into the closest workshop and waiting to find out what went wrong. Although the mechanic was nicely saying that I handled it well as a girl.... it couldn't stop me worrying.

My baby couldn't come home with me today.

Does anyone experience this issue that could give me some tips?

many thanks!!! <3

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi missile
thank you for replying

yes, my car is out of warranty, and I am the first owner....

I completely have no idea and the car is not in Audi's workshop.

I thought it will be nice to get some ideas from you guys just in case I got ripped off by mechanic workshop.

#5 ·
Hi OZCJ , Missile is right Audi may well offer repairs under the good will jester, They would definately back away from it it have had taken it some where other than an Audi workshop or havn't kept up with the Audi full servicing . Good luck all the best Merlin

#6 ·
Thank you guys!

The diagnose of the problem is "number 3 shift solenoid broken" and need to change the valve body.

My car has towed back to Audi this morning to run some more test and they said they will do the best for me...

fingers crossed and I am already missing my car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.