Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohoo,

Come off the phone with Audi this morning, SQ5 planned for build week 6 so hopefully take delivery around March 15th

Happy Happy Happy!!!

For those interested here's the order:

Ibis White
Seats: Magma red-Black
Dash: Black
Carpet: Black
Headliner: Black

Audi Drive Select
Parking Advanced
B&O Sound System
Black Roof rails
Climate Cup
Elec folding, heated, memory mirrors
Dynamic Steering
Elec front seats with memory & Heating
Carbon atlas inlays
Mobile phone prep high
Flat bottom steering wheel
Tech Pack high
Tyre pressure monitoring
21" alloys

Order was placed on 23rd Nov.

MT

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nice spec, the ibis with red/black will look cool

Not long to wait now...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Excellent news.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,
Just a quick question regarding the 3G connectivity. I know I can plug a sim into the dash to enable data services. I have a PAYG O2 sim in my ipad at the moment so I was going to buy a nano sim adaptor and use that in the car.
Is it a case of plug and play or do you have to have a sim issued by Audi or anything silly like that?

I have plenty of data usage (12GB per month) which given the amount of miles per year the car will be doing (around 5-6k per year) will hopefully be enough!

MT

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Congrats,good spec,should hav the snow bi then 😄

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Thanks guys,
Just a quick question regarding the 3G connectivity. I know I can plug a sim into the dash to enable data services. I have a PAYG O2 sim in my ipad at the moment so I was going to buy a nano sim adaptor and use that in the car.
Is it a case of plug and play or do you have to have a sim issued by Audi or anything silly like that?

I have plenty of data usage (12GB per month) which given the amount of miles per year the car will be doing (around 5-6k per year) will hopefully be enough!

MT
It may or may not work depending on O2... I know on Vodafone their iPad specific contract SIMs only work in an iPad as they check the IMEI number is in the Apple iPad range...
If not I'm sure O2 will change your contract to allow any device, they would be mad not to!

It caches Google Earth data really well, if I don't leave the county in a month it will only download 20-30MB, in my first month it used 600MB and that included a couple of tours of the South so its pretty frugal.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Sounds similar to me ......... was told mine is also build week 6 for an Ibis white SQ5 with black/red interior and plenty of toys

·
Registered
952 Posts
No privacy glass MajorTom? It looks great on a white car. Thats also partly why I went for a pano roof as the black roof is a lovely contrast.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Ground control to Major Tom......

No Hill Hold Assist??? Or is it a manual so perhaps not so important? Anybody on here with a manual and HHA like to comment?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Great news! Your spec is what mine originally looked like before the wife got involved, however i'm not complaining as I do love what i chose (maybe would like the two tone black/red seats though). Keep ticking off days...closer than you think

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, really looking forward to it now. The sales guy did say about the privacy glass and then said it can be applied afterwards so I thought I could probably get it done elseware at a much lower cost! Hill hold I was in two minds about, I know its a cheap option and negligible in the grand scheme of things but thought it would be one of those things we hardly use.
I did ask for them to install a cobra trak with web monitoring upgrade today though so that's another £500 on top I got to pay when I pick it up!

Not sure if any of you have noticed but Audi have updated the configurator since I last looked at it? Now includes accessories and if I'm not mistaken if you select the black styling pack the view of the car shows the edge of the grille black. I applied that today and in Ibis white with the black roof rails it looks pretty good IMO, I'm sure when I tried that last time it didn't look as good.

MT

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congratulations mate! The car is awesome you will love every minute of it!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Window tints front,rear and sides were £260 on mine from local guy,excellent job í ½í¸„

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
N.I.C.E

MT

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Thanx ,def worth getting done,and cheaper than main dealer ,mine were done @ factory,but wanted darker,so had done again 😄

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice one Major Tom - I ordered my SQ5 just 4 days before you (19th Nov 2013) and had build week 5 confirmed last week.

So I'll be watching your delivery date carefully although I imagine they'll be on the same boat.

Dealer has just told me "sometime in March"...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts