Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This US review has been going around in syndication for the past couple of weeks. There's nothing that probative in the review, but I do like the first two paragraphs:
2014 SQ5 elicits the power of why not
http://www.aurorasentinel.com/guide/review-2014-sq5-elicits-power/
I'm both terrified and fascinated by the type of person interested in buying the new 2014 Audi SQ5. In short, I think I want to be your new best friend.
Not only because prospective buyers for Audi's new super-fast, low-slung, 5-seater crossover would be the type of people who spend sports car money on family vehicles. But also because I think they would be people who would happily do so. For nearly $52,000 to start, the Audi SQ5 is the automotive equivalent of a deck-mounted potato gun or backyard trampoline with a nearby staircase to the highest point on the nearest roof. Adult supervision required, and even then, I'm not so sure SQ5 owners qualify as adults.

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's me 👍

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
In a world of really numb road tests that's refreshingly different. Does beg the question if the author actually had a car to drive though, he mentions the red brake calipers and they only go into production next week (Week 22) so one guesses that some poetic license has been exercised...

Reactions: big residual

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I like the clarkson like road tests that ass colour and character to an article.
Makes it so much more interesting to read regardless of if its positive or negative in terms of a review.

I really like the petrol engine in the US version.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts