Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

phoned our insurer about cracked windscreen and was asked if we had an acoustic windscreen, how can I tell if we do or don't?
Autoglass are coming out next Friday so I want to get it right.
Asked our dealer who has been servicing the car since 2009 but it wasn't bought from them and they didn't know - great!
Would there been any disadavantage if we had the Acoustic screen fitted - is it thicker?
Thanks

Jonathan

·
Banned
842 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think all Q5's are fitted with Acoustic windscreens?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi All

phoned our insurer about cracked windscreen and was asked if we had an acoustic windscreen, how can I tell if we do or don't?
Autoglass are coming out next Friday so I want to get it right.
Asked our dealer who has been servicing the car since 2009 but it wasn't bought from them and they didn't know - great!
Would there been any disadavantage if we had the Acoustic screen fitted - is it thicker?
Thanks

Jonathan
Acoustic windscreens usually have a purplely reflective look to them, I know that was the case when I had a Megane many years ago

·
Banned
801 Posts
Audi Q5 with acoustic windscreen does not exist

There are no options or special orders. There is only for A7 and A8 (special versions)
Really acoustic windscreens is much thicker, it's double glass with vacum between

·
Registered
221 Posts
Apparently on the bottom of the windscreen (drivers side) there is the word "acoustic" or an "ear" symbol if you do have the acoustic windscreen.

I think Spijun may be referring to double glazed windscreens and windows.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Are you sure Spijun?

Jan 2013 price list clearly indicates that Q5 with auto-dimming interior mirror as standard also includes acoustic windscreen, whereas the price list from the 2009 MY from when we got our car doesn't mention it

Jonathan

·
Registered
503 Posts
Jan 2013 price list clearly indicates that Q5 with auto-dimming interior mirror as stanard also includes acoustic windscreen, whereas the price list from the 2009 MY from when we got our car doesn't mention it

Jonathan

You are absolutely correct, I just checked the brochure that was current when I placed my order and it clearly states 'Auto-dimming rear-view mirror including acoustic windscreen'

I haven't even seen a MY13 one yet as I want to wait until I pick mine up in March :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am going to sound stupid but of you have automatic windscreen wipers then you should have an acoustic windscreen?

I stand corrected if wrong

·
Banned
842 Posts
So does my order form from 2011.

Being the geek I am I have all the revision PDF's from when I bought my car. It is on my 2011 vehicle and states in clearly in the PDF from August 2011, I don't have anything older than this I'm afraid.

Standard on all Q5's

http://www.audi.co.u...ecGuides/q5.pdf

Page 21
Safety and security

Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
including acoustic windscreen

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thanks - I'll go and look and see if there are any "ears" on the windscreen

Romach - its completely seperate from the auto windscreen and lights - its a pain but I'm being to believe that this was introduced a couple of years ago as a MY change, we already have those sensors and the high-beam one which i had to explain to the Insurer, glad we don't have the assist cameras

·
Banned
801 Posts
Are you sure Spijun?

Jan 2013 price list clearly indicates that Q5 with auto-dimming interior mirror as standard also includes acoustic windscreen, whereas the price list from the 2009 MY from when we got our car doesn't mention it

Jonathan
I write what is written in the electronic catalog of spare parts.
There are eight different versions relating to the allowances as: light / rain sensor etc
Nowhere is not written that an acoustic windscreen

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Banned
801 Posts
Spijun

The double glass with a vacuum between is referred to as double glazing as found on the A8 and A7.

Acoustic windscreens are designed to reduce inside noise levels by around 3db and are actually thinner...apparently
The only explanation is that perhaps all acoustic windscreens although strange that it is not written in the catalog of spare parts

Believe it or not the price for windscreens for A8 is a surcharge of Euro 3.500
, and for armoured vehicle(A8) 13.066 Eur

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thats expensive double glazing, I could get my house done cheaper!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Apparently on the bottom of the windscreen (drivers side) there is the word "acoustic" or an "ear" symbol if you do have the acoustic windscreen.

I think Spijun may be referring to double glazed windscreens and windows.
That's right.
My original windscreen had the word "acoustic" on the bottom corner driver's side. The Autoclass replacement has an "ear" symbol.
Acoustic windscreens were introduced on the Q5 for the MY2011

·
Registered
70 Posts
can you fit an acoustic windscreen in an older car. Are the fittings excatly the same. It would make sense if you have to replace it to get the more modern version

·
Registered
422 Posts
The only explanation is that perhaps all acoustic windscreens although strange that it is not written in the catalog of spare parts

Believe it or not the price for windscreens for A8 is a surcharge of Euro 3.500
, and for armoured vehicle(A8) 13.066 Eur
An account knows the Cost of everything and the value of Nothing.
Part numbers are just that.
Anyway is your ETKA Licensed yet another question you have yet to Answer

·
Banned
801 Posts
An account knows the Cost of everything and the value of Nothing.
Part numbers are just that.
Anyway is your ETKA Licensed yet another question you have yet to Answer
This time I will answer and never again
My ETKA and ELSA are legal and have online access
Jealousy is a disease

If you and your friends are using illegal software it is your problem
Your software Windows is legal or not ??? Why you hide your details???

Write something useful, no nonsense

I do not answer questions fools, they need to be in hospital, some were there but they escaped

·
Registered
422 Posts
This time I will answer and never again
My ETKA and ELSA are legal and have online access
Jealousy is a disease

If you and your friends are using illegal software it is your problem
Your software Windows is legal or not ??? Why you hide your details???

Write something useful, no nonsense

I do not answer questions fools, they need to be in hospital, some were there but they escaped
I dont work behind a parts Counter so I have no use for it and dont keep saying "not listed so your wrong" ect as that is no use to anyone if I need a part I get it from my Dealer.
Please reciprocate "something useful" as all you do is quote part numbers.
And again you dont have a grasp of the text and miss understand postings again again again again again again................................................

1 - 20 of 43 Posts