Audi Q5 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Many people have issues sharing pics of their cars on here. The site has a limited direct attachment upload size in order to avoid high costs of hosting the website.
As such it is recommended you upload your pictures to another site, such as Photobucket.com or Flickr and share the link to them rather than uploading direct to the forum.
The following is a guide to using Photobucket...

Create a free account and upload to the site http://Photobucket.com;

When viewing your uploaded images there are options on the type of link you wish to share, you want the 'Direct' one;

Back in the reply box here on myaudiq5.com click the little icon that looks like an old school polaroid instant photo here in the reply box and paste the 'direct' link that photobucket gives you into the box it gives you...

And thats it - the image will be inserted where ever the cursor happens to be in the reply box at the time when you press 'OK'.

For iPad/Mobile users etc... The icon mentioned above doesn't exist so you will need to manually add the IMG tags to make the photo embedded in the text...
I can't put the tags as they should be because it will think it is an embedded image and you won't be able to see what I typed, but I shall attempt to explain how to do it without the use of the icon...

IMG]paste link to image here[/IMG

If you put a square bracket on the beginning and end of the line above to enclose the line it will show the image from the pasted link. Basically all the icon does is put the IMG tags in for you...

EDIT - The other option is to copy the IMG link from Photobucket and paste this directly into the post.

Please see below for details of how to post from mobile/iPad apps... http://www.myaudiq5....dpost__p__69810

Good luck!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Thank jos'e 😄

·
Registered
884 Posts
And on flickr, once signed up use the uploader.

Click add and find the image to upload, or drag onto the program. Click upload.

Go to flickr

right click the image and select the size.

Then right click the image and select copy image location.

eg - https://flic.kr/p/4
Then use the last part of the post above.

Reactions: José

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I'm being super thick here,I'm using iPad mini,is that icon on here

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm being super thick here,I'm using iPad mini,is that icon on here
Should be, but the other option is to put IMG tags either side of the link manually - I can't put the tags as they should be because it will think it is an embedded image and you won't be able to see what I typed, but I shall attempt to explain how to do it without the use of the icon...

IMG]paste link to image here[/IMG

If you put a square bracket on the beginning and end of the line above to enclose the line it will show the image from the pasted link. Basically all the icon does is put the IMG tags in for you...

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Trying 2 upload fotos

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just tried on my iphone as it doesn't show the toolbar which contains the icon, so probably the same issue on the iPad! So you've not gone mad, the icon isn't there. As such use the manual IMG tag method mentioned above...

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Ok thank

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Continuing from the OP, if you are using the Autoguide app on your Android or iPhone/iPad here are the equivalent instructions;
Photobucket - iOS App on iTunes for iPhone
Photobucket - iOS App on iTunes for iPad
AutoGuide.Com Free - Android App on Google Play
Photobucket - Android App on Google Play

In the Photobucket app, tap the 'i' to bring up the option for links, and tap the direct link to copy it

Now go to the Autoguide app and in the reply window tap the cog

Then tap Image Link

And then hold down in the text box to bring up the option to paste the link

EDIT - The other option is to copy the IMG link from Photobucket and paste this directly into the post (no need to click the cog and select Image Link etc)

Reactions: ictbydesign
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.