Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have seen that a few have fitted flaps on a s line plus, I have the off road wheel and would really like to avoid the stone chips & dirt up the door,

Please could someone who has completed this task give me some guidance regarding what is involved ?
Just so I get it right and not have to purchase another set ?

Many thanks
Kipper.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have fitted the original Audi front mud flaps, there is not much cutting to do on the front to make them fit.
You have to cut off a mounting hole, trim the flap where it meets the body work on the under side, offer up the flap to check for contour alignment the offside was okay but I had to trim the nearside to fit.

I still have to do the rear ones which will be harder but hope to try this soon, again original Audi flaps.

Doug

Reactions: Waldeb

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cheers for the reply Doug,
I will give it a go Sunday, and take a few pic's

Sounds like I will start with the front ;-)

Many thanks
Kipper.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Encouraging posts, as it's one of the first things I want to do on receipt of my Q5. I must be honest I'm slightly concerned about stone chip stories .... but obviously not enough though to be put off the car. Look forward to hearing how you get on kipper.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doug,

Any chance you could forward a few pictures ?

The material wheel arch cover extends lower than the arch, and I don't want to cut this until I'm sure the flaps are a snug fit ? As once cut I have no choice !

I had a dabble a week ago, offering them up but unsure where you are cutting.

Cheers
Kipper.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Has anyone fitted the Q5 Mudflaps to the SQ5 yet, im interested to see some pics and weather to take on the challenge again !!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Evening,

Anyone who has completed this task willing to share a few pictures to assist my fitting ? How much of a " trim" was required ?

Weather on the turn now & would like to fit as soon as possible to avoid the door splash, just don't want to fook em up ;-)

Thanks
Kipper.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have fitted the original Audi front mud flaps, there is not much cutting to do on the front to make them fit.
You have to cut off a mounting hole, trim the flap where it meets the body work on the under side, offer up the flap to check for contour alignment the offside was okay but I had to trim the nearside to fit.

I still have to do the rear ones which will be harder but hope to try this soon, again original Audi flaps.

Doug
Hi Doug,

Without having flaps fitted I have mud splatters .... so I'm going to have to do the same as you. If you have photos of your front map fitment that would be really appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
469 Posts
Dear Dieseldoug & Hectorshouse,

Just wondered if you could post photos and some hints on how to fit flaps to an S line +, i.e. amount of cutting required and and any "do not do this"/"better this way" advice/hints.

Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Dear Dieseldoug & Hectorshouse,

Just wondered if you could post photos and some hints on how to fit flaps to an S line +, i.e. amount of cutting required and and any "do not do this"/"better this way" advice/hints.

Thanks in anticipation.
Would be interested in this my self for when I collect mine.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi ictbydesign, unfortunately mine are still sitting in the box in the garage awaiting time and weather for me to try and fit. I'll post when I get it done (even if I botch it).

·
Registered
884 Posts
Thanks Hectorshouse and good look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just finished installing the factory mud flaps on my 2014 Q5 TDI. it was about as easy as it could get. The picture instructions that were in the box were easy to follow. Just note that they are showing removal of fasteners and installation of them. Not including wheels off and on time I would say it took about 1.5 hours total for the two front and two back. The reason I did not include the wheel time is I spent way more time cleaning and waxing the wheels than the mud flap installation.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Just finished installing the factory mud flaps on my 2014 Q5 TDI. it was about as easy as it could get. The picture instructions that were in the box were easy to follow. Just note that they are showing removal of fasteners and installation of them. Not including wheels off and on time I would say it took about 1.5 hours total for the two front and two back. The reason I did not include the wheel time is I spent way more time cleaning and waxing the wheels than the mud flap installation.
Do you have the s-line body kit though?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi folks,

I am due to collect the new car this week-end and am keen to set about the job of fitting the flaps ASAP to protect my new toy from the winter road crap. Would anybody mind posting or sending me directly any hints, tips and photos from their own experience of doing the job?
I would really appreciate this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts