Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had to do a double take when I saw this car in my local supermarket car park. Not that I wanted to look at it for too long as it's really not pleasing to the eye. I didn't even know these existed - is it an import? I'm sure someone on here can let me know!

Attachments

·
Banned
489 Posts
Ah - you mean the Q5 SE trim with the 'Off Road' package. I've only ever seen one in the brochure and can't think why anybody would want their premium motor to look like that! (PS I do have those wheels though!)

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I thinks its after market body kit. ABT make one similar. The arches are literally just bonded on - looks crap as you say - as do all the all road models as well of you as me!

Edit: Or Audi make an option per Shenstone!

·
Registered
814 Posts
So is that supposed to be the 'beefy' offroad packaging, with 18" standard SE wheels ?
You would think Audi would refuse to spec it wouldn't you? in their own interests

·
Registered
768 Posts
Well Audi must be still proud of it given that they picture it in their current catalogue! Not a cheap option though.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I agree with Shenstone, it is a Q5 SE with the Off road Body Kit given that it has the 20" off road design wheels on it. I have to admit that I quite like the appendages on an A6 Allroad which sits much lower due to adaptive suspension but the Q5 does not suit the extra cladding at all.
Not my taste but the owner may be a member of this forum and has ordered it because they liked it or needed it given the terrain that they use the car in. A farmer or forester perhaps? Maybe not given the fitment of 20" wheels in winter but cannot tell if it has knobbly rubber on it.
Each to their own, it will drive just the same as the suspension is unaltered.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've also seen one one of these running around Northants - deep metallic red colour.
IMHO - Yuk...(but also with apologies to its owner if he / she is on this forum).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aaah all makes sense now - an SE with "cladding" ! love that description. I can pretty much be sure that the female driver was not a farmer!! What an expensive option too. I could see it also had exclusive interior. Wasted on this car IMHO - no offence intended!!!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Looks very bland 😄

Reactions: ray.afzal

·
Registered
1 Posts
Think it looks really good....quite rugged, much more appealing than the normal run of the mill shiny exec cars that Audi now make to mirror their BMW competition, mind you I have always liked the Allroads much closer to the rallying roots that brought Audi so much success! Ps I also have one and bought it solely because it was different from the rest of the mundane shiny Q5s.

·
Registered
469 Posts
There are obviously a few of these around as I saw one outside the Dunblane Hydro Hotel 10 days ago. 2.0TDI in black with sports seats,.Presumably a holidaymaker as had a Y prefix registration. Apologies to those of you south of Carlisle but I am not sure which region has Y prefixes. Birmingham area is B, Shropshire is D but beyond that I am a bit ignorant as all Scottish regions are S apart from a few T's in Glasgow a few years back.
Never seen a Scottish registered one yet.

·
Registered
884 Posts
  • YA - Yorkshire: Leeds, but possibly some reserved for 'Select' marks ?
  • YB - Yorkshire: Leeds
  • YC - Yorkshire: Leeds
  • YD - Yorkshire: Leeds
  • YE - Yorkshire: Leeds
  • YF - Yorkshire: Leeds
  • YG - Yorkshire: Leeds
  • YH - Yorkshire: Leeds
  • YI - unused
  • YJ - Yorkshire: Leeds
  • YK - Yorkshire: Leeds
  • YL - Yorkshire: Sheffield
  • YM - Yorkshire: Sheffield
  • YN - Yorkshire: Sheffield
  • YO - Yorkshire: Sheffield, but possibly some reserved for 'Select' marks ?
  • YP - Yorkshire: Sheffield
  • YQ - unused
  • YR - Yorkshire: Sheffield
  • YS - Yorkshire: Sheffield
  • YT - Yorkshire: Sheffield
  • YU - Yorkshire: Sheffield
  • YV - Yorkshire: Beverley
  • YW - Yorkshire: Beverley
  • YX - Yorkshire: Beverley
  • YY - Yorkshire: Beverley
  • YZ - unused

·
Registered
134 Posts
Think it looks really good....quite rugged, much more appealing than the normal run of the mill shiny exec cars that Audi now make to mirror their BMW competition, mind you I have always liked the Allroads much closer to the rallying roots that brought Audi so much success! Ps I also have one and bought it solely because it was different from the rest of the mundane shiny Q5s.
I too like the look, agreed it looks abit different and chunky looking. I can see why some don't like it but I like SUVs as they are different

1 - 15 of 15 Posts