Audi Q5 Forum banner

How to install footwell lights

12K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Billywhizz 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I never had an interior lighting pack but having never seen a step by step for a Q5 installation, I thought I'd write one up myself and maybe help people in a similar situation.

I've attached final image my installation; you may have noticed I decided I prefer the warmth of standard yellow halogen bulbs, along with a PDF walkthrough.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Q5Sline
#2 ·
I have to add, the reason I could actually manage to do this mod was due to the chap I bought the looms off. The front and rear kits were £70 along with £10 postage.

Really nice guy who was happy to help me with any emails I had when I hit a brick wall!

His name Robin, and he can be reached at audiwiring@yahoo.co.uk

Reactions: Q5Sline
#3 ·
Great write up

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks Steve!

Yeah he makes the looms himself and is only on A4 and A5 forums. I only found out about him as i was searching for a write up and came across his threads. I was a bit of a Q5 guinea pig for him but he done his research and discovered what connections were needed.

He also does puddle/warning light looms and LED options... Which is in the pic above.

#6 ·
Hey chaps,

I have contacted Robin via his email and ordered the puddle, warning lights, for all doors and the footwell lights, front and back all with LED bulbs.

Robin even sent me a link on how to fit the puddle and warning lights.

The best part is he lives 15 miles from me and has offered to do the VCDS work for me.

Highly recommend Robin, very helpful indeed

Happy days indeed.

#7 ·
Glad you got in touch with him. His door/warning light walk through is really straight forward and if you have any questions he responds promptly.

Great that you only live close to him, also saves you some money on buying a VAGCOM cable!

Top bloke.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok, fitted the footwell lights, no problem, they all work.

The problem I have is the VCDS coding, carried out correctly, however, I am unable to use the MMI to control/tailor the light brightness.

I have used the VCDS coding as per ducknpineapple post above. Also set them up in green menu,car, set them as installed and set to number 5.

Any genius out there offer some help?

Ignore the above, this post sorts it out on latest versions.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/573528-Enabling-Ambient-Lighting-in-SQ5

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Has anyone got the rear footwell lights fitted in their Audi Q5 I have put all the wiring in but I am at a loss with fitting the rear footwell lights to the underside of the seats I have a 64 plate 2014 my s Line plus my problem is that I cannot find where to fit the lights to my seats have a what I can only describe as a metal sheld that has verious holes in it but nothing to attach the light or the light trim too I have tried various ways with and without the trim to no avail has anyone got a photo of it in its position someone posted a photo of one fitted but there's is clipped to the seat springs but mine is the shield ?? thanks in advance for your time and help

I have now fitted them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.