Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just purchased a 2011 2.0 s line with standard cloth seats. I've also bought separately a full set of s line leather electric seats. Am I going to be able to fit the leather seats in and could anyone advise on the problems I might face?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I expect the wiring will not be present to plug them in so that will be tricky - you may have to get some of the loom required from Audi.
You may also need VCDS (Vagcom) to code the car to tell it they have be fitted and/or reset the seatbelt warning of that has a problem when changing the seats over.
If you are really lucky the loom is installed in all cars and no coding is required but I would be surprised if you don't come across one of these issues.
Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
side airbags....

No wiring is in the car for anything thats not been ordered from the factory.
The looms are custom to the car based on the options ordered. You are going to be in a world of pain..
If the new ones have heating you will need get a new AC unit and sort the wiring for that too.
if you're lucky maybe you can get an after market kit.

Best option would probably be to remove the covers and swap them over and save lots of effort...

·
Registered
700 Posts
As you say Snowman much easier swapping seat covers or getting someone to do it for you, as long as the seats are the same platform, did the same once in a Golf 4 motion to some time though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice given so far. It seems like this is going to be a very difficult job, so is it possible to convert electrically controlled seats to manually adjustable ones, as I don't have the loom for them?

·
Registered
700 Posts
It might be worth taking one of the existing seats out and spending a few hours accessing weather it is possible, if they are the same seats built the same I would say so but again you might be pulling your hair out doing it ! best of luck

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Thanks for the advice given so far. It seems like this is going to be a very difficult job, so is it possible to convert electrically controlled seats to manually adjustable ones, as I don't have the loom for them?
Not really, how are you going to do any of the adjustment? The frame doesnt have the manual fittings.
swap the covers over - that way you have the seat covers on the manual seat frame.
Get a trimmer/Audi to do it for you..

Honestly, you would be better trading the car for one with all the options you want...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Changing the covers has got to be the easier way to go. (Even if some of the needed wiring is present below the seats).

·
Registered
706 Posts
It might even be easier to trade the car in for the one you want. I know it will cost more, but changing a cars spec normally requires a lot of software changes which can be difficult and expensive.

Reactions: Snow Man
1 - 11 of 11 Posts