Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

This is my first post about the Audi Q5. I'm thinking of getting one end of this year and am doing some research before I do. I never own an Audi before and I have a few questions about the Audi and hope i can find the answer here.

1. How reliable are the Q5 tdi as in how many years can I drive it? (for example I know if i get a Honda Civic or a Toyota Corolla I can drive it for 10 years without any problems thats a Fact and I do see a lot of 10+ civic or coorolla out in the streets today.)

2. How much will the repair bills for the Q5 tdi just say 6 years down the road? not talking about oil change, brakes pads, and tires. I know you have to change them no matter what car you buy. I had a Nissan Maxima from 2000-2008. for the first 3-4 years it was very nice but after that it start giving me little problems like electric sensor, etc etc. every few months. you get the idea.

3. I was offer the $750 audi care when I was in the Audi shop today. and I also find out about the Audi Care Plus from google. My question are. Do they act as extended service plan? or extended warranty? For example if I pay for the Audi Care Plus when I first got the car. 5 years down the road they did a regularly scheduled maintenance services at 85,000 km and find out there is somthing wrong with the engin or electric sensor. will they say "we just find out your ABS electric sensor need replaceing and it free of charge because you pay for the Audi Care Plus program." or what they will do is "we just find out your ABS electric sensor need replaceing and it will cost you $2000. do you want to replace it?"

4. How reliable are Audi now a days? I'm asking this because my dad use to tell me horror story about how Audi is only good for 3 years and Banz is much batter when I was young. He get his info from repair shops in the 90s and it is 2013 now I just want to know have things chane in Audi? or are they the same as before?

Thank you all for the help and reply

Josh

·
Registered
529 Posts
Have you considered the Range Rover Evoque

·
Registered
289 Posts
You boys are cruel!!! To the OP: There is nothing to suggest that Audi is any more or less reliable than Honda or Toyota cars over a 10 year period. However If I was keeping a car 10 years I'd buy a Honda in a low level of spec. The things that seem to go wrong are usually associated with the electronics. As to what sort of service plan works best. get all the info from your local dealer and compare that to Honda and Toyota plans.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My last Audi I had for 6 years and I only did the manufactures servicing.
Tyres, brakes, exhausts relate to where you stay and how you drive, and what you want to pay.
As they say pay your money and take your chance..
Go for a KIA Sportage that will five you everything you want to keep you happy, but personally I don't like them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need a SUV that can tow 3000lb (boat) thats is why I'm looking at the Q5 TDI and not the Honda or Toyota.
Honda and Toyota are an example of Reliable.
and by saying "I suggest you stick with Honda or Toyota. " does it mean stay away from Audi they don't last? or you are just trying to be an ass?
nop Range Rover Evoque never cross my mind for some reason. I've seen the GLK250 bluetec, Lexus H450, and X3. (am thinking of an hybrid or diesel)
Thax Aldfort and Dieseldoug. That is what i'm trying to ask. I wouold say I'm one of the batter driver that don't go crazy on gas and brakes. I do oil change every 5000-7000km with synthetic oil. In short I try to take care of my cars. so how long would you guys own a Audi? 3years?6?9?

·
Registered
422 Posts
My last Audi I had for 6 years and I only did the manufactures servicing.
Tyres, brakes, exhausts relate to where you stay and how you drive, and what you want to pay.
As they say pay your money and take your chance..
Go for a KIA Sportage that will five you everything you want to keep you happy, but personally I don't like them.
10 Year Warranty in the US for Kia !
From £13,000 for a Sportage !!
Q5 from £25,000 !!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I need a SUV that can tow 3000lb (boat) thats is why I'm looking at the Q5 TDI and not the Honda or Toyota.
Honda and Toyota are an example of Reliable.
and by saying "I suggest you stick with Honda or Toyota. " does it mean stay away from Audi they don't last? or you are just trying to be an ass?
nop Range Rover Evoque never cross my mind for some reason. I've seen the GLK250 bluetec, Lexus H450, and X3. (am thinking of an hybrid or diesel)
Thax Aldfort and Dieseldoug. That is what i'm trying to ask. I wouold say I'm one of the batter driver that don't go crazy on gas and brakes. I do oil change every 5000-7000km with synthetic oil. In short I try to take care of my cars. so how long would you guys own a Audi? 3years?6?9?
My first Audi I had for 6 years trouble free, I now have 2 Audi's Q5 and A3 so in general they are good cars, as a family we also run 2 VW and 1 Seat, 4 cars diesel and 1 petrol.

·
Registered
348 Posts
We have a couple of Audi's (among several other brands) running at my company and so far they showed least problems of all.
I am driving my first Audi for only 3 months, so no meaningful advise possible. but it does feel the most solid and well-built one so far.
good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts