Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my car since 1st March and been waiting to see what the dealer is doing about missing Audi Connect from my order. Called them up last Friday and they said they hadn't forgotten about me and they're waiting on costs for the retro fit (if at all possible).

Should it really take this long to find out or is the dealer stalling hoping I might forget about it?

MT

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I don't think they will expect you to forget - it does seem to take Audi UK/Germany tech support a while to get back whenever any of my questions have had to go up to them. However 10 days is bordering on too long. Maybe give then another day or two and then make a fuss...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sales guy is off on Thursday's so I was going to give them another call on Friday (if I don't hear back before of course!), that's then 2 weeks which should be more than enough time to get an answer.

MT

·
Registered
952 Posts
Ring them tomorrow, they have had plenty of time to come up with a solution.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
it is actually complex, looks like new head (running BT high), new wiring, new antennas - coding, also looks like the HDD contains additional stuff (cache/images i assume) - the drive is actually of a higher capacity. I can't see Audi taking this on, i can foresee an "its not possible" coming.

(Just IMO)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope they do, means I get a new car in a couple of months!

MT

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
They could just offer you a 'good will gesture' payment, free service, cuddly bear...

I've been going through the stuff, it "could" be done - but its a lot of work, plus who knows what you'll break taking it all apart and then the rattles you leave behind! That also assumes I'm not missed anything - its kinda hard to find all the bits and bobs as from the doc we have access to its not very detailed.
I'd assume someone somewhere is looking at build BOMs to look at what it takes to make it happen.

Long ramble to say, its not just a head - otherwise it would be very easy.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's one of my concerns, with things going wrong and I read on another Audi forum someone who retro fitted Audi Connect themselves then when it came to registering on the Audi website the VIN number for the car was coming back as not enabled so it wouldn't work properly (as it wasn't installed by the factory). Together with that and the possible rattles I would rather have a new car!

MT

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like I'm getting a new car!!! Apparently Its £3.5k to retrofit and they're not willing to pursue. They did try and make it out to be my fault that I signed off the order, I told them when I give them a spec which is based on the configurator code I don't expect to have to double check everything is on there.

Got to spec the car up again and make sure everything is spot on. Now should I be cheeky and spec up some extras?

MT

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Gr8 result,nice 2 c some 1 is geting a decent service ,as of late there's been some very neg posts ,bring on the new sq,and yes get some extas????

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Daza, it wasn't as easy as it sounded, I think the £70k to spend on an R8 with them was a good incentive. No doubt they'll make up the loss on that, although they're taking their time sourcing one for me. Only a matter of time before one that ticks the boxes comes up else ware!

MT

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Lol,oh i c ,the little r8 sweetener ,either way a nice brand new motor on way,and u get to put miles on the current,luv that leather u picked,Neva saw in the flesh ,but pics on forum look gr8,I'll deff consider on next sq new shape in 2016 ????

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The red/black leather looks even better in the flesh. Can't believe more people don't go for it myself, always down to taste of course.

MT

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
New car being ordered today
Expected delivery in July.

Managed to get a few more options added too! Shown in bold on my sig.

Must not abuse the one I have in the meantime!

MT

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Power boot and advanced key are features I wouldn't b without,ur lucky to have on replacement,as 4 abuseing current sq ,hooligan mode full time now,lol 😄

1 - 15 of 15 Posts