Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this Forum and due to take delivery of a 2.0TDI 177 S Line Plus manual, on 3rd March after being on order for over 8 months. Having read lots of topics on this forum, I hope it will be worth the wait.
My two previous vehicles have been a Honda CRV and Ford Kuga: is the Q5 really that good and will I notice much of a difference?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Short answer yes - it is leagues ahead of those 2 vehicles in terms of comfort/performance/luxury/technology.

Welcome aboard - post up your full spec

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi and welcome. Much of a difference? I am in no way being rude about the cars you've owned, but the Audi is in a different league, it just cant be compared to what you've had. You will really appreciated the build and ride quality.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Short answer yes - it is leagues ahead of those 2 vehicles in terms of comfort/performance/luxury/technology.

Welcome aboard - post up your full spec
Shite José you beat me, dont you ever go off for tea or shower or something mate

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Shite José you beat me, dont you ever go off for tea or shower or something mate
I'm ill today, and the Mrs is late home, so the internet is keeping me occupied!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think the build quality will certainly be the biggest difference in the positive way

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm delighted with my Q5 and considered many other makes beforehand ..... but no competition for the reasons stated above. Welcome and enjoy your new car when it arrives.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I was feeling a bit sick on Saturday! Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks - it's just man flu - I'll be fine in a couple of days (I hope!).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the responses.

Out of interest, we took a BMW X3 for a test drive and were disappointed with its quality, very offset pedals ( manual box) and it appeared to be a step down from the Q5 - it just didn't seem a premium product to my wife and I. (Drove both the same day within one hour of each other).

The only 'extras' are rear side airbags ( if those upfront have them why not the children in the back?), 20" off road alloys looked better to me and were a no cost option and we chose lava grey paint.
Looking forward to delivery and getting used to the Q5.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts

Out of interest, we took a BMW X3 for a test drive and were disappointed with its quality, very offset pedals ( manual box) and it appeared to be a step down from the Q5 - it just didn't seem a premium product to my wife and I. (Drove both the same day within one hour of each other).

The only 'extras' are rear side airbags ( if those upfront have them why not the children in the back?), 20" off road alloys looked better to me and were a no cost option and we chose lava grey paint.
I was very unimpressed with the wind noise at motorway speeds, the interior quality compared to the Q5, and I really do not want a car without a spare wheel. Bristol Audi dealership was/is head and shoulders above BMW.

·
Registered
884 Posts

Welcome,

Your post sounds very similar to my experience, also went for grey but the Daytona and agree with the wheels.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I too found the X3 interior a bit less 'special' compared to the Q5. And the handling also wasn't as I expected (or maybe wanted), they have made it VERY RWD bias (as are traditional BMWs) - I wanted a Quattro feel which 60/40 of the Q5 achieves very well.

·
Registered
596 Posts
A warm welcome to the forum and Lava Grey a great choice

·
Registered
19 Posts
My previous two cars were Volvos (XC90 and XC60). I support my fellow Q5 owners who posted about the Q5's ride and build quality. What a step up! The ride is quiet and the handling is saloon like, corners very well.

Its like switching to Godiva's chocolate when you've been used to Kinder Surprise all this time

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
It will definitely exceed your expectations mate, not long now keep pushing through last few weeks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was always pleased with my Ford which was a great car. Then I got a Q5 which is even better - the build quality, ride, comfort, really everything about it is great. Hope you enjoy your Q5.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts