Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi/

I have just returned to France from a trip to England to buy a trailer.

The fuel consumption with trailer is 13.0 ltr/100km @ 110Km MAXIMUM. (22mpg).

On two occasions I let it run really low. - Just 10km calculated range. - When re-filling I put in 73Litres. - I know it's a 75ltr tank, but in other cars you seem to get the filler tube on top.

The Question Is:

Have you ever run a Q5 dry? - Did it stop with a range of 0 showing, & how much did it take on refilling?

·
Registered
279 Posts
We have done 5-10 miles beyond "0" showing and not run out, on numerous occasions.

Not sure how far it will go (2.0 diesel 170) before stopping, so always a nervous time ?

Reactions: Peter

·
Registered
5 Posts
i went 11mile the once and it was fine i heard about 15 miles max
Hi all.

In my old car (2003) the sat nav had a summary screen. On this screen would be displayed:
- date
- time
- radio station/cd info
- temperature
- current road/location.

Is there something similar hidden away on any of the Audi MMI models...I don't like having say a list of radio stations on there the whole time, or even the map (distracting).

Fussy I know

Cheers.

·
Registered
578 Posts
24 miles around heavy traffic too, the fuel tank made a weird air noise when I opened it

Reactions: Peter

·
Registered
433 Posts
It's kind of a silly thing to try when you have the option to fill up, the worst case is you will be at a junction/lights, no fuel with you then phone out someone to assist. You may have fuel with you to assist in the start up again, but you may flatten the battery on trying to start, you may have the knowledge to remove the fuel filter and pour fuel in to help start.
Actually not worth the bother of trying to find out, if the gauge read 1/4 and then ran out that would be Audi to blame

·
Banned
842 Posts
I filled up the other day taking advantage of the tesco 50p off a litre of fuel offer and ran the tank to 0 and I filled up 72 litres so 0 means there is 3 litres left however far that gets you....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts