Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we lock our Jaguar XF, the wing mirrors fold in. It is a useful feature. The same happened on our ten week old Q5 - but only occasionally to begin with and now it doesn't happen at all. I'm baffled. I have tried locking the car with the electric mirror control in each of the settings (including retract). But they remain locked in position and the manual doesn't give a clue. Any ideas?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do they manually retract when you turn the dial on the drivers door to the retract position?

·
Registered
140 Posts
And assume you have looked at the central locking settings via the MMI for mirror retract on lock?

And I think thats uniquely setup for each set of keys you have also.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
There is a setting in the car setup on MMI and it is per key. Guessing you have been using both keys and recently only used one which has the setting to off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
877 Posts
There is a setting in the car setup on MMI and it is per key. Guessing you have been using both keys and recently only used one which has the setting to off?

Good tip. I've just 'solved' the same issue lol

·
Still Game
4,615 Posts
Thanks for the tip.

My wife has been complaining that her key does not fold the mirrors.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I just went through the whole MMI using my other halves key last night to see what was per key and what was global just before I read this post!
Would recommend doing the same as there is a surprising number of things and only takes 2 mins.
The other one which would be annoying is the central locking behaviour for unlocking just the driver or all, and the tail gate locking behaviour.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I just went through the whole MMI using my other halves key last night to see what was per key and what was global just before I read this post!
Would recommend doing the same as there is a surprising number of things and only takes 2 mins.
The other one which would be annoying is the central locking behaviour for unlocking just the driver or all, and the tail gate locking behaviour.

Agreed. That is exactly what I did for both keys so that they are set up correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts