Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fingers crossed I can order this soon

Q5 3.0TDI S-Line Plus S-Tronic with

Sepang Blue (if on exclusive list) - otherwise Glacier White
Nappa Leather
Advanced Key (not sure about this)
Parking System Advanced (rear visibility diffcult to see)
Electric Seats with Memory and Mirrors (wife will constantly change the postion and mirrors for narrow roads)
Heated Front Seats (must for winter in the UK!)
Interior Light Package (good reviews)
Black Styling Package (nice with Sepang Blue)
Rear Bench Seat Plus (better adjustment for rear seats)
Sound Package (good reviews again and have B&O in the house which is brilliant IMHO)
Technology High Package (Better mapping)
Titanium Finish Alloys (will look fantastic with Sepang Blue
Panoramic Sunroof (really lifts the cabin into the clouds)

A7 is great still and wife enjoying DS3 (Yellow!!!).

Your probably thinking why so many options, well there not nice to have (usual excuse), these are options which will make driving about easier and better.

Will post later when ordered!!!!!!! (wife nags about going on this site to much!! he he!!)

·
Registered
578 Posts
I can recommend Advanced Key - had no issues with mine at all and it's a really cool and convenient option. You get used to justkeeping your key in your pocket/coat holding the handle to unlock it or clicking the button on the handle to lock and it makes getting in and out the car easier. Shame Audi don't make a key card for your wallet though as the key is still something you have to carry around.

One funny/annoying thing is, if you have the fob in your pocket when you wash the car it will go crazy locking and unlocking itself as you touch the car with your sponge or even the jet wash!

The pana sunroof and black styling packs aren't as much value IMO but each to their own.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I miss the advanced key on the Q5 (used to have it on the S5), although the whole car wash things gets annoying as Kramer says
especially if you've got your mirrors to auto fold on lock. As my car was safe behind my gates I just used to leave the keys on the front seat whilst washing the car to get around it

I think if I was speccing a new Q5 I would also consider getting the Audi connect system to make the most of the MMI with google maps, weather etc.

What is also cool is you can plan your journey at home on your pc and then your satnav can download the route if you have Audi connect.

Probably just get that for the gadget factor

I've also seen second hand Q5's in sepang blue so I guess it's available.

Good luck with your order

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a similar spec. but added things like the automatic parking brake, auto dipping headlights and intelligent headlights. 20" alloys look the biz with standard suspension.The pana roof is fabulous and lightens up the interior, which in total black could be dreary - makes the Nappa look dark grey. Consider the extra leather package for the armrests - looks good. I also had the piano black inlays - they really look the part. The standard phone prep is more than adequate with a smart phone, once you master the manual. Don't forget the spare wheel? I have the 8 speed tiptronic which is a whiz. The best extra is the wide beam smile as you cruise listening to the 2 SD cards, the HDD and DAB radio.(not all at once). Waited 5 months for delivery, but well worth the wait.

Only drawback, is I need a step stool to clean the roof!

·
Registered
140 Posts
haha i thought about the black inlays but havent seen any...do you have any pics?
spare wheel is standard now....im not a fan of keyless entry on any vehicle, just a personal opinion, in fact id rather have just a simple old fashioned key if given the choice !!

everytime i go on the configurator i seem to add more extras...any one got the climate cup holders ? total waste of money but it would be rude not to haha

i better order a step aswell :)

·
Banned
842 Posts
haha i thought about the black inlays but havent seen any...do you have any pics?
spare wheel is standard now....im not a fan of keyless entry on any vehicle, just a personal opinion, in fact id rather have just a simple old fashioned key if given the choice !!

everytime i go on the configurator i seem to add more extras...any one got the climate cup holders ? total waste of money but it would be rude not to haha

i better order a step aswell :)
I regret the climate cup holder - what is it something like £60? Drop in the ocean relative to the price of the car and another gadget factor.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a quicky before my wife catches me on here!
I've decided not to have titanium finish alloys as they don't look that good on the wheels imho anyway will add the advanced key (have it on the A7 BUT it just didn't seem worth the price it is). Any advice on the spec I've chosen (too little - too much), Sepang Blue is my favourite colour in the hole of the audi range but is it going to be worth the premium price tag? plus also in 5 years time, (expected length of ownership) what would you expect the price to be.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry I meant WHOLE not HOLE! I'm quick at typing and never proof read anything! I blame the old education system (canes, multiple detentions and punishments and long painful days)!

·
Registered
578 Posts
If you're keeping for 5 years go for the 5 year warranty pack, at £1200 it is well worth the investment. I would estimate its value to be 45%-55% of what you originally paid for it after 5 years, depending on mileage/condition/market etc.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So what should I do go for it when I can or leave it a bit. Drop or add a few options? Also I will be going for Audi Complete with tyres as the wheels cost a fortune (£1,200 apprantly for 4) plus it contains the 5 year warranty on it so everyone wins! Just.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Go for it - delivery won't be until Oct/Nov anyway!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I ordered a few days ago, delivery date 31st oct :) , my wife's already changed to order once already. She's changed the ibis to glacier white, I'm not sure to be honest....looks great in the sun but more grey under cloud. Dealer said audi are going away from ibis ?

Now she's tellin me she might change the alloys to the titanium ones :)

·
Banned
842 Posts
Dealer said audi are going away from ibis ?
He would say that as its a no cost option! I love our Ibis White but I am a bit a an amateur detailer so dont mind spending the time keeping it clean. Was your order as your original post or did you add anymore toys?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Extended warranty, wheel and tyre pack, this will be money in Audi's bank. The chances of failure is low, if anything will go wrong it will happen in the first year, any problems keep reporting them so they are logged.
I have only paid money on service costs and timing belt on my A4, will expect the same on the Q5. Wheel and tyre option never damaged a wheel yet, and all tyres changed when worn except 1 when a cut on the tread/side wall cannot be repaired by the tyre services. I repaired this myself as in the trade and on the rear of the car until it was worn, therefore no tyre losses.

The choice is yours as they dealership always tries to get your cash.
Go up on the options and leave the warranty/tyre pack.

Reactions: Kramer

·
Registered
249 Posts
I saw a Q5 in Munich last year with the titanium alloys and it looked very good.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I quite like both, i would have chosen the PR 1s if i could have but dealer said their not available on the sline and our only 19s.
Just going to leave it to the missus to choose the alloys , doesn`t really matter to me ill only get to drive it every now and again :)

ended up :

2.0tdi stronic 177 sline plus
ibis white (about to change to glacier)
Tech pack high
Bang & Olufsen & DAB
Heated front seats
Interior light pack
Panoramic roof
Folding mirrors
Advanced parking
climate cup holder (Just to wind up the wife)
Under floor storage

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi Q512,
have you thought about the adaptive damping?
The suspension is firm to say the least, we even decided against 20" for this reason and if / when we specify a replacement for the wifes Q5 (just coming up to 3 years) i'd specify adaptive damping togther with the panaoramic sunroof which I notice you've already specified.
We also have the hi-beam assist which works really well and the electric tailgate

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Rather than wheel tyre option I would go for winter tyres and wheels.

I believe the new model comes with a spare? If not that would be the first option on my list.

·
Registered
140 Posts
yeah i did think about the active suspension but the q5 i test drove was fitted with 20s and didnt have the sline suspention just standard and i didnt think it was that bad. My father drives an a6 with sline suspention and i cant bear to drive it, its so hard and bumpy.
A friend of mine also has a q5 with active, drive select etc and says he never uses it just leaves it alone ? not sure what its set to though.

New model comes with the electric tailgate and spare wheel as standard, as is the blue tooth and cruise.

Weve now changed to the glacier white after a visit to the dealership last night, and the off road alloys as she prefers the slightly different colour to them.

Im not a fan of winter tyres if im honest, i change so many these days for the wrong reasons !! There just too noisy and wear down far too quickly for my liking, i just get out the good old hilux if it snows and that batters its way through haha

·
Registered
343 Posts
We only ever drove the car with the S Line suspension with 20" back in the summer of 2009, and felt that the car with 19" was a slightly better compromise for the dreadful roads near home.
We went with Black Metallic - no exclusive colours available when we bought but if ordering now would seriously consider sepang, racing blue Mica or the new Estoril blue Crystal from the S4/5 range although it looks like that is going to be a standard colour on the SQ5 so people might think you were just trying to imitate one of those?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts