Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone share how thier hold assist works in a manual car.

I have had my car for about 8 month and until recently the hold assist brake would hold until the clutch pedal was raised. Recently it releases as soon as you apply any throttle even if the clutch is fully pushed to the floor, which means if you are on a hill then you roll back.

I had asked Audi to check it as it has recently been in for some warranty work but i do not think they have and would appreciate some feedback before I go back to complain.

G

·
The Hill Hold Assist option (when activated via the button) only applies the electronic brake when the car comes to a standstill.

The electronic handbrake is automatically released once the system recognises the car moving forward. It should not be releasing when you depress the clutch.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks j2910, i thought as much as this is how it has operated from when I got the car.

I also have an ongoing issue with a sensor that keeps blowing. Car has been in 5 times and they still can not fix it. Just got it back after 4 weeks in the repair shop and it looks like it has gone again after just 30 minutes driving. I'm not having much luck with my Q5 at the moment but it is such a nice drive and quite a good spec. The loan Q5 they got me did not meet up to its standard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts