Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
842 Posts
Well to complement my LED interior upgrade and my LED licence plates I've finally got round to fitting my Hoen Xenonmatch foglights and replacing the horrible factory yellow ones.

I replaced the standard bulbs with these you need H11 bulbs - http://shop.xenonlook.com/index.php?page=Article.View&article_id=10

Couldn't find an English supplier but bulbs came well packaged and cost £30 with delivery.

Installation was really easy folling this guide - http://www.audienthusiasts.com/Project_Drivinglight.html

The only pointers I would add is my S-Line special edition needed a T20 torx screw bit rather than a T25 and I removed all three screws to gain better access to the foglight housing. The bulbs remove really easy with a simple counterclockwise twist to remove the bulb from the housing. I'd recommend doing the passenger side first as the wiring loom has more length to it and you can actually pull the bulb out the back of the wheel arch to see how the bulb unplugs from the wiring loom. The drivers side you have to work a bit fingers and thumbs to in the wheelarch itself as the loom is shorter on that side (on my car anyway).

Would highly recommend the upgrade to those who are disappointed with the stock bulbs and no error codes thrown, its a very close match to the HID main beam.

Picture afterwards as it was raining when I did it so didn't get chance to do before and afters shots but you get the idea.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yep. Looking good Chopper. Another must do mod to add to the list.

·
Registered
52 Posts
got stung for £22 customs but mine turn up tomorrow so ill be fitting them tomorrow too

looks awesome.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Managed to avoid customs charges with both these and the LEDs luckily!

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha!

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorted! my expensive versions turned up today! removed all 3 torx as suggested.. 5minute turnaround then back into the warm

/ to the next mod!
Dont blame you - I've turn my coming home lights up to max just for the effect!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for that link; I've been googling how to do this for ages and never found this easy way!
Every now and then I try pulling the front surround off as shown in the manual but give up because it's stuck so tightly and fear snapping a bracket off.......this way is much safer and simpler

·
Registered
44 Posts
Btw, if you want to avoid customs tax ask the seller to put the value at about $25usd on the customs form as anything over £18gbp will be charged.......of course if you are really unlucky and the package goes missing, itll only be insured for the value stated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I assumed those bulbs came from the US but actually, those bulbs were sourced from Europe right? I don't think you have to pay customs taxes for items sent from within the EU, only for imports from outside.....why were you charged?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I assumed those bulbs came from the US but actually, those bulbs were sourced from Europe right? I don't think you have to pay customs taxes for items sent from within the EU, only for imports from outside.....why were you charged?
do you know what, i actually called up because hoen had put $5 for the bulbs, and HMRC said it was an error.. so i can claim it back, however i would also need to put a claim with parcel farce for the £8 charge.. to be honest its the principal of the thing..

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went and ordered the hoen bulbs from the US, shipped price is about $53usd while the xenonlook ones from Germany are $65 before shipping......also the hoen seem to have a very good reputation. Just hope it doesn't take too long to get here.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Do these bulbs look blue when not on? Or is it not noticible?

As always a pic (in daylight with the lights off) would be a huge help guys.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do these bulbs look blue when not on? Or is it not noticible?

As always a pic (in daylight with the lights off) would be a huge help guys.
I'll take one in he morning on my way to work!! But no they don't

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll take one in he morning on my way to work!! But no they don't
+1 on this. Depends how often you get down on the floor and look at your fog lights though I guess!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Zipp/Chop - Gawd bless you both!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have just ordered these Xenon lights......can't wait!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great thread…and great result after the fog light bulb upgrade.

I too have always hated the look of the standard fogs.

Can someone please post a link to where I can buy these bulbs from. The link at the start of the threads doesn't seem to work 9or I'm having a mad moment!!)

Maybe we can setup a group buy if others are interested…

1 - 20 of 51 Posts