Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Presumably the Tiptronic 'box is a traditional torque convertor set up. My previous experience with this system is that the vehicle will hold whilst stationary on an up-hill whilst in 'D' with the parking brake off and without any tendency to roll back.

I note that Hill Hold Assist is an option for the SE model with the Tiptronic 'box.

Is it really necessary to have the Hill Hold Asssist with the Tiptronic 'box albeit I would certainly specify it if it was to be beneficial?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Missile...thanks for that response. I personally have never had to use the parking brake when stationary on an incline when using a torque convertor based auto 'box.

Perhaps this query could best be posed to those who have the Tiptronic 'box?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Missile...thanks for that response. I personally have never had to use the parking brake when stationary on an incline when using a torque convertor based auto 'box.

Perhaps this query could best be posed to those who have the Tiptronic 'box?
I have a Tiptronic box on my current A3 and 9 times out of 10 it will hold on an incline, but there was a time when I was at a fairly steep junction and it took me by surprise and it did roll back. Now when ever I have to stop on that kind of junction I will apply the (manual) handbrake just in case.

I didn't spec HHA when I placed my order because of conflicting opions with its operation and stop/start. As I understand it the S-tronic box gives you a second or so grace when moving from the brake to the throttle, which I hope will be ok for me on the occasions I need help on a hill. It seemed to work fine when I had my test drive.

In hindsight I wish I had spec'd it, but I'm not going to loose sleep over it.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I think it's worth it for the small cost involved.

·
Banned
801 Posts
I think £65 is not a lot of money I suggest that you take HHA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts