Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone taken their SQ onto a private road/airfield for a blast?
Thoughts? the car feels very nervous/figity as you hit 100/110, not sure i'd like to take it much beyond that - private road or not.

Tyres were all correctly inflated about 3 weeks ago - not checked since.
Car was fully loaded with people and cases at the time.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Have you had the Geo looked at Snowman?
My experience with the S3 and TTRS suggests there is plenty of deviation from recommended settings when cars roll out of the factory...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Held mine at 135-140mph for a time (private road of course). Was sold as a rock...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
221 Posts
Anyone know what the unlimited top speed of the SQ5 is?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
There is a video on youtube of one going to up 275kmh so i assume thats what like 170?! will try and find the link

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Anyone know what the unlimited top speed of the SQ5 is?
155mph/250kph - so not sure how that video got to 270, VCDS can remove the limit easily...
Plus lots of these 'limits' are known not to be that limiting!

·
Registered
529 Posts
155mph/250kph - so not sure how that video got to 270, VCDS can remove the limit easily...
Plus lots of these 'limits' are known not to be that limiting!
Your right Jose, went past 160 mph so no limiter on mine and absolutely rock steady and hardly any body lean at the T-Junction either

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe I'm use to sporty cars, this does not feel rock solid at all.
its like riding a speedboat going over waves - all over the place.

speedo design is freaky too, firstly its backwards and the numbers spacing get smaller as the speed increases.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Maybe I'm use to sporty cars, this does not feel rock solid at all.
its like riding a speedboat going over waves - all over the place.

speedo design is freaky too, firstly its backwards and the numbers spacing get smaller as the speed increases.
Feels no different to my 135i at similar speeds... You are comparing to an R8 though so it may be a perceptual thing...

I like the speedo as at low speed it is higher resolution, so you can see 31mph compared to 30 clearly - also means 80mph is central so easy to see at motorway speeds.

·
Registered
101 Posts
155mph on Autobahn with my sq5. Rock solid! And as a comparison I had a porsche 991 Carrera S before which should be considered as a quite stable car at high speeds

Snowman - get your car checked!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts