Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, recently joined the group as looking to swap from my current 2013 A5 Coupe to 2014 or 2015 Q5 model.

Had a few other Audi's in the past: A4 B6 Saloon 2001 and Audi A4 B8 Estate 2011 and as mentioned above, my current is a 2013 A5 Coupe.

Had a few other car brands in between (BMW, Mercedes, Landrover), but keep coming back to Audi's (y)

Most 2014/2015 Q5's I've seen are high mileage (100K +), so will be asking some questions on what to look out for (e.g. suspension arms etc)

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 2014 3.0 tdi with near 100,000 miles on the clock. No worn bushes on mine. I think driving styles affect wear and tear. (Road surfaces and tyre size ditto).
Agree, it does depend on driving styles etc, as see some people treat speed bumps as if they are not there, so no mechanical sympathy for the suspension/wheel & tyres etc

· Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,287 Posts
Welcome to our forum :cool:(y)

In November my SQ5 had the NSF lower arm bush (was actually split!) and the curved arm bush (due to being a bit worn) both replaced. Plus both front discs and pads - total £1600 😬 I am a very careful driver with speed bumps and avoid all pot holes, So I'm not sure what this says about my driving 😄

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to our forum :cool:(y)

In November my SQ5 had the NSF lower arm bush (was actually split!) and the curved arm bush (due to being a bit worn) both replaced. Plus both front discs and pads - total £1600 😬 I am a very careful driver with speed bumps and avoid all pot holes, So I'm not sure what this says about my driving 😄
Thanks for the welcome and wow that's an expense I would like to avoid

The Q5/SQ5 is a heavy car, so worn bushes could be mainly down to that, rather than speed bump damage

· Registered
109 Posts
Welcome, I bought a 2013 S Line in march 2022 with 107K. A few months after i got it I started hearing a knocking noise from the front passenger side suspension and it was the lower rear control arm (curved one), as a rule of thumb they get changed as a pair and that set me back £630.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome, I bought a 2013 S Line in march 2022 with 107K. A few months after i got it I started hearing a knocking noise from the front passenger side suspension and it was the lower rear control arm (curved one), as a rule of thumb they get changed as a pair and that set me back £630.
Thanks for the info, can only garages replace the control arms are is it a DIY job?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts