Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I currently have an Audi A3 and stepping up to the Q5 due to family.

Be gentle with me lol

I am getting the Q5 S line Plus with the following:

Black styling pack matt
20 x 8.5 Titanium optic wheels
B&O sound system
Audi drive select
Black roof rails
Folding door mirrors
Inlays - Piano black
Bluetooth prep low
3 spoke flat bottom steering wheel
Tyre pressure loss indicator
Hill hold assist
Interior light pack

Think that's it lol... I'm a little excited

My biggest dilemma is the colour!!!

Steve

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think the colour is the hardest choice, what about rear heated seats as the whole package, good spec, I never noticed what engine trans ission you are going for.

Doug

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi there,

Yeah good point. I am going for the 2.0 TDI (150) manual as I live on the Isle of Wight and its just small country roads really. I thought it a little pointless getting heated rear seats as with 3 small children the all have either booster seats or a proper car seat. The wont be out of those for a fair few years.

I love the Volcano red but have not seen one in the flesh. I want something a little different from the norm!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Before you go for the black styling and darker wheels, choose the exterior colour. Some colours suit chrome and silver better as they contrast beautifully.

Good luck with you colour choice. We are still struggling with the colour despite having placed our order on Saturday. We want to see a Q5 in cuvee silver but cant find any. If you see one around let us know.

Reactions: 989lips

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Hi, welcome

As stated, pick the colour before committing to the black pack, some colours just don't look right with it!

Only thing I would suggest you add is Hill Hold Assist, it's only £65 and is a really useful feature in stop/start traffic, as well as on hills of course! I don't know why it's not standard for such a low price (same goes for the tyre pressure monitor).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, welcome

As stated, pick the colour before committing to the black pack, some colours just don't look right with it!

Only thing I would suggest you add is Hill Hold Assist, it's only £65 and is a really useful feature in stop/start traffic, as well is on hills of course! I don't know why it's not standard for such a low price (same goes for the tyre pressure monitor).

Cheers again for all your help. I will have a look at that.

Once question you guys might be able to help with is the bluetooth prep. I now you get it as standard on the car but I was thinking of added the bluetooth prep - low with voice etc.

Is there much difference and does the LOW come with the shark fin on the roof as the external ariel as its not clear in the brochure or website!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
welcome 989lips very good spec to have there enjoy chosing the colour- its always hard. i really think the Pan roof makes the car ive had 3 now and 1 without Pan roof its especially good for kids in back too- only down side its a £ 1200 pound option !!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
welcome 989lips very good spec to have there enjoy chosing the colour- its always hard. i really think the Pan roof makes the car ive had 3 now and 1 without Pan roof its especially good for kids in back too- only down side its a £ 1200 pound option !!
We did look at this and like you say with the kids they would like it but I think for a ltd time. Or my daughter would be shouting my name constantly saying she has seen another bird or plain lol. For £1200 I can't really see it being worth it. My misses also gets serious Migraines from sun and even though it can be closed and a blind used I don't think it would get used.

Loving all the comments and help guys, really appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
We did look at this and like you say with the kids they would like it but I think for a ltd time. Or my daughter would be shouting my name constantly saying she has seen another bird or plain lol. For £1200 I can't really see it being worth it. My misses also gets serious Migraines from sun and even though it can be closed and a blind used I don't think it would get used.

Loving all the comments and help guys, really appreciated.
I have always had the Pan roof. and it rarely gets opened, but makes a massive amount of difference to how 'spacious' the interior seems. I too have children (12 & 10yrs) and they really appreciate the light... makes them less car sick.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Interior light pack - absolute must have...

·
Registered
343 Posts
We have the mobile phone prep low on our current car as I thought we'd get a cradle, Audi were slow with the IPhone ones and we never bothered. i think the Iphone 4 cradle is another £170 or so, and i don't think there's one for the 5 yet. We just plug the phone into the cable in the glovebox and it charges, plays music and you can make calls.
Obviously the new set up allows streaming as well via Bluetooth, we've gone for the phone prep high for our SQ5 and would go the whole hog or stick with what you get for free and use the money on the interior light pack and hill hold, especially if you're getting a manual.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
If you have an iphone stick with the low is my recommendation. If you have a phone that supports Remote SIM Access Profile get the high...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Feel so welcome by you all guys. All of your info is really helpful. Test driving anyone on Saturday before the paperwork is signed for the order

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
If you have an iphone stick with the low is my recommendation. If you have a phone that supports Remote SIM Access Profile get the high...

I have a feeling that the 2014MY cars in production now support similtaneous separate SIM data card and Bluetooth voice connections - so iPhones will work. Week 22 onwards IIRC - can anyone confirm?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Yes, this is true and confirmed in MY14 brochure. So high will work with iphone and separate sim... BUT, you will have to pay for the sim of course and also the iphone still cannot connect and make use of the external aerial, and you can only connect it in the glove box to charge... So IMHO I still think low with a cradle is better for iPhones even on MY14.

Discussed in both these threads...
http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php/topic/3244-bmw-stealing-a-march-again/
http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php/topic/3101-my-audi/

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have to agree the black styling pack really only suits light colours, looks really nice on white, silver etc.
You should just buy mine and get a load of bang for your buck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts